Chang Party at Market Village

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Chang Party at Market Village

Post by Pagey »

The annual Chang Party in front of MV starts tonight. Beer, lots of different food stalls and live music, a good way to while away an hour or two on an evening. :cheers:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

Good for some but I will be doing my shopping day time for sure.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Chang Party at Market Village

Post by oakdale160 »

Huge success, packed every night, from 6.30 to 8 it is difficult to find a table.
Music at half the decibels of Soi 88
Finishes on the 15th Jan
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

This years party already started a few days ago. I came out of MV about 6 pm last night and it was already quite busy. Lots of various food stalls as usual. Open right through to early January.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Indeed; went there a couple of days ago and the music was way too loud. It clearly wasn't putting anybody else off, as the place was full - we couldn't even get a table.

The Christmas theme has started very early this year; I think BluPort had their tree up in the first week of November, and the people patrolling the crossing were dressed up in santa costumes yesterday. I think it's a shame, personally. Having a much shorter festive period was one of the things I really liked about here.