Soi 88 Water Park - with photos

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Re: Soi 88 Water Park - with photos

Post by pitsch »

My grandchild is 6 years and 1.2 m tall. So she is an adult?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

LOL, yes that is my non-Thai interpretation of the sign. However, please don't take my word for it. Get somebody who reads and understands the language to confirm or otherwise. Please share the 'informed' view.

However, when I make my own interpretation, and its wrong, the clever guys usually jump in and point out my error, which nobody has done this time.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've just come back from taking my youngest granddaughter. She is 10 years and well over 1 metre. She was charged 50 Baht for an hour, plus 10 Baht for the hire of a swim cap (all girls are required to wear a swim cap, but boys aren't :? ).

While waiting, I tok a look around the back of the inflatable pool, and can confirm there is a filtration system. Of course, TIT so how effective it is, is another question :shock: .

Just hanging around, waiting we sat in the food court. There was a coffee shop, but they won't have any coffee until next week. Mrs BB checked out the food, and said there was nothing she fancied. This part was very disappointing.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Looks like it could work well. Simple, ideal for Thai kids who want just a little more than a simple pool..with none of the fancy frills & prices of the 'other 2' (sorry, what is the entry fee here..?)
Could be good (again if the price is right) for the bar-girls when they have their kids over from Issan in the school hols.
And yes..I'll be happy to enjoy a beer with steak+ chips whilst the kids are having fun.. :thumb: :thumb:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

usual suspect wrote:sorry, what is the entry fee here..?
50 Baht/hour for kids. 80 Baht/hour for adults.

[Edit] Non-swimmers free.

Points 48; Position 18
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

I've had my girls there a number of times already and I can confirm that wonderful Thai logic applies as far as children/adult prices are concerned - children 50 baht and adults 80 baht - that is, no interest at all in the height of the kids. Ten baht for swimming cap hire, and if the place is not very busy, they are not too strict with the "1 hour" rule either. :thumb:

Personally I think it's a great idea, and way better than seeing yet another beauty salon; laundry; restaurant or etc. I've also noticed that the Thai assistants who are generally present in the pools at all times tend to be very friendly and alert.

Now why the heck doesn't someone open an ice skating place around here somewhere?

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact