Filipino martial arts semina Hua Hin soi 102

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

Weapons & Empty Hands:An Introduction to Filipino & Related Martial Arts

We invite you to join this practical seminar focusing on the common movements and concepts that link ‘The Approach Self Protection Method’ and movements used in Filipino Martial Arts, as well as a general introduction to combative and defensive techniques utilising knife, stick, machete & empty hand with experienced instructor Leigh Harris (UK). Guaranteed to be fun!

Where?
Amazing Muay Thai & Fitness, Hua Hin Soi 102

When?
Saturday, July 18th, 10:00 – 15:00

Who?
Leigh Harris (instructor in Krav Maga, Jeet Kune Do, ‘The Approach’ and Filipino Martial Arts – Kali / Arnis / Eskrima)

How much?
1200 Baht per person

More info:
[Mod Edit] If you want to use the Forum, then discussion should be here, not directed elsewhere.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Filipino martial arts semina Hua Hin soi 102

Post by GLCQuantum »

"as well as a general introduction to combative and defensive techniques utilising knife, stick, machete..."

:shock:

Am I the only one who thinks that, this particular part of the seminar, is *insert word*. 'Knife, stick and machete'... did I read that right?

I'm a little surprised that such a seminar has been given the green light in Hua Hin considering that those are the three objects that drunken Thai's use for murder... failing the possession of a gun.

The rest of it though... yeah - sounds cool but I shan't be attending solely due to the 'Murder Weapons of Thailand' part.

I'm getting old, I fear.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

PBbeacher wrote:Weapons & Empty Hands:An Introduction to Filipino & Related Martial Arts

We invite you to join this practical seminar focusing on the common movements and concepts that link ‘The Approach Self Protection Method’ and movements used in Filipino Martial Arts, as well as a general introduction to combative and defensive techniques utilising knife, stick, machete & empty hand with experienced instructor Leigh Harris (UK). Guaranteed to be fun!

Where?

When?

Who?
Leigh Harris (instructor in Krav Maga, Jeet Kune Do, ‘The Approach’ and Filipino Martial Arts – Kali / Arnis / Eskrima)

How much?
1200 Baht per person

More info:
[Mod Edit] If you want to use the Forum, then discussion should be here, not directed elsewhere.
Leigh is a great guy, knows a lot about the martial arts.

I did JKD with him in Bangkok a few years ago, unfortunately I'm somewhat out of shape to go at all that again.

Hoe you get a good turn out, it'll be worth it for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkkghkc. Molk a
A

ZvV
ImageImage
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

GLCQuantum wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that ...
For once, no, you are not the only one.

I too am having trouble understanding why any local administrative office would permit a training course in "combative techniques utilising knife, stick, machete ...".

Utter madness; A course on how to maim and/or kill people when you don't have a gun.

I suppose the defensive techniques might be handy after a whole load of people have learned how to kill and maim with non-firearm weapons.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

PBbeacher wrote:Weapons & Empty Hands:An Introduction to Filipino & Related Martial Arts

Where?

When?

Who?

How much?
1200 Baht per person

More info:
so this is five hours of watching and learning moves but no hands on? just wondering. i think you will have a big crowd.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

No, it's hands on - a training session
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Sounds to me like half of the course will be learning how to defend oneself....
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

JW wrote:Sounds to me like half of the course will be learning how to defend oneself....
GLCQuantum wrote: The rest of it though... yeah - sounds cool but I shan't be attending solely due to the 'Murder Weapons of Thailand' part.
:cheers:
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

Imagine how gutted I am I won't get to meet you! ;)
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

:wink:

I shall give you all training on how to deal with a situation involving 'knife, stick or machete', and it's completely free.

"RUN... RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!"

P.S. PBbeacher... as it's the gym that I use, you might get to meet me after all - bet that's brightened your day.

Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

I might of course be wrong, but my guess is that those who attend will be shown how to defend themselves against people who might one day attack them with the weapons mentioned.

If I am in fact wrong, then it's worth pointing out that there are a number of martial arts that include training with deadly weapons. Likewise, some also teach a number of very deadly moves as well. Having said that, machetes just don't seem to fit in the picture very nicely. They look a bit crude should I say. :shock:

Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

lol GLC - probably see you there everyday cos I use it also! :)
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

To be honest, I was pretty surprised to see machete on there too, but nice to see the syllabus has expanded since my last exploration into edged weapon defense with Leigh.
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

As there has been a lot of curiosity to what this training involves, and a few people who want to come and look first, we have decided that we'll do the first hour for just 100B per person and then if you want to carry on for the full session, we can work something else out.
We really want people to actively participate and enjoy the training, and hope this flexibility will allow more of you to do so. This is intended for beginners and will be entertaining so don't be shy, give it a try!
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

From 1200 baht to 100 baht.... lol. It's a no goer then from what you're saying. :laugh: