Table tennis

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
fer
Novice
Novice

Table tennis

Post by fer »

Hi guys. Got 2 questions about table tennis in HH.

1. Is here place where I can buy good stuff like Butterfly racket and rubber?
2. I'm looking for a training partner. I'm living in village near Macro and Airport, here is a few butterfly tables in isolated room in sport club. I think it will be free to use it, cause I'm living here. It's about location and terms.

Now about skills, I'm looking well done player, who got experience of professional table tennis training. Who understand what is technic mean and etc. Below you can find videos with my playing few years ago (I didn't play since that time so you need to make a correction for that), so if you got same skills or better (and if it will be interesting for you) I'll be pleasant to have 2-3 training for week with you. But one else: very important you skill, it must be same or better that you find on video below. Hope to find some kung fu table tennis masters 8)

Videos:

Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Re: Table tennis

Post by Gregjam »

Sports world in the basement of MV has some Butterfly bats but I did not see separate paddles and rubbers. There have been a few attempts to get interest in TT on the forum but have never come to much. Not sure why but those fit enough and young enough to play at a good level probably work abroad and commute so would find it difficult to get involved in any regular routine.
Like most things here I expect you would have to go to Bangkok for good equipment and probably for good regular opposition too.
fer
Novice
Novice

Re: Table tennis

Post by fer »

Gregjam, thanks for your reply and info. I agree with your words and understand that my chance to find people with good TT background is not really big, but who know :)