Six stars to serve up feast of tennis in Hua Hin

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
PeteC

Six stars to serve up feast of tennis in Hua Hin

Post by PeteC »

Five top-20 players led by world No 5 David Ferrer and Milos Raonic will play the World Tennis Thailand Championship, in Hua Hin from December 31 to January 2.

The Hua Hun event will be televised live on True 2, True HD670 and Digital TV Channel 24. Tickets at Bt1,500-Bt6,000 can be purchased at Thai Ticket Major, Siam Continental Hua Hin Hotel and all Major Cineplex branches.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/sports/ ... 45145.html
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
buksida

Re: Six stars to serve up feast of tennis in Hua Hin

Post by buksida »

Hua Hin trophy confirmed
The winner of the inaugural World Tennis Thailand Championship will receive the King's Cup trophy, organisers said yesterday.

The event will be held to celebrate the New Year from Dec 31-Jan 2 at Hua Hin Centennial Park and will feature six top-20 players in the world, said Suwat Liptapanlop, president of the Lawn Tennis Association of Thailand (LTAT).

Those six are world No.5 David Ferrer of Spain, No.6 Milos Raonic of Canada, No.7 Tomas Berdych of the Czech Republic, No.14 Richard Gasquet of France, No.15 John Isner of the US, and No.17 Fabio Fognini of Italy.

Apart from the top prize of US$40,000 from a total purse of $100,000, the winner will also get the King's Cup trophy, Suwat said. Also, each participant will receive $10,000 per match.

The six players will also take part in several activities to help promote Thailand's tourist attractions and cultures.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/ ... -confirmed
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
lizzy

Post by lizzy »

Just brought my tickets today for the final. Looks as if large areas of seating have be brought already for January 2nd despite the website saying tickets were only on sale from yesterday!
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

lizzy wrote:Just brought my tickets today for the final. Looks as if large areas of seating have be brought already for January 2nd despite the website saying tickets were only on sale from yesterday!
I don't think they have been bought,but given to sponsors,politician,and other hi so.

:cheers: :cheers:
buksida

Post by buksida »

Tennis elite make merit in Hua Hin as new season opens
The six elite players at the World Tennis Thailand Championship kicked off their 2015 calendar by offering alms to monks on New Year's Day on a Hua Hin beach, in hope of an auspicious start to the season.
World No 7 Tomas Berdych, No 8 Milos Raonic, No 10 David Ferrer, No 19 John Isner, No 20 Fabio Fognini and No 26 Richard Gasquet dressed in Khao Tao shirts, a traditional garment in Prachuap Khirikhan province, for the early-morning merit-making.

Seven monks from nearby Khaolunthom Temple received alms from the players who in return were given a fabric amulet believed to protect its bearer from harm and bring good luck.

"It is really too early for me [to wake up] but it's nice. This is something different from what we do and it's really special for us," said Fognini, who performed the ritual alongside girlfriend and world No 12 Flavia Pennetta.

When told about the Thai belief that a couple who together give alms to monks will meet again in the next life, Fognini gave Pennetta a smile and a high-five before saying: "I don't know about that belief, but I hope so. We are happy to hear that."

"We would like to enjoy our lives together at the moment. We are still young. A lot of things can happen. Hopefully things will be more wonderful than 2014," added the winner of three ATP titles.

Pennetta, who won the WTA Bangkok Open six years ago, was also pleased to get her year started with an age-old Thai custom.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/sports/ ... 51094.html
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

lizzy wrote:Just brought my tickets today for the final. Looks as if large areas of seating have be brought already for January 2nd despite the website saying tickets were only on sale from yesterday!
Tickets were always available on the website. I purchased mine Dec 30th for today's final.
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Just watched some on TV and crowds were very sparse. Anyone who has been confirm?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I drove past twice yesterday, and I would estimate no more than 20% full from my viewpoint.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

I went and yes, the crowds were sparse, more than last year. I went the year before that as well and it was allot busier. I would think there would be more people this year seeing as its the first time they had men playing but the ticket prices were allot more this year and you were able to pick your own seats, last two years was first come first served. Was a fun event and the weather was just perfect!

I would say it was 65 percent full today if I had to approximate
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936