Dragster racetrack nearby

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
TonyB
Rookie
Rookie

Dragster racetrack nearby

Post by TonyB »

Not sure but I think someone mentioned a drag race track vicinity of Ratchaburi.

Anyone follow this stuff. Other racetracks, anything performance auto related

Cheers
Hezze
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Dragster racetrack nearby

Post by Hezze »

you can see the strip on the left side of the main road going to Bangkok.
Kaeng Krachan have a race track. Bad safety (run-off zones) for bikes I have been told.
BIRA, pattaya. Check info online.
Bonanza, Khao Yai.
BRIC. buriram circuit. Coming October. Will be best in Thailand. Herman (F1) designed.
alleykat
Professional
Professional

Post by alleykat »

I have seen what definitely looks like a dragway almost everytime I have travelled from HH to Bangkok and have often wondered if and when it gets used.

Whilst I suppose it could technically be on the outskirts of Ratchaburi province it is not in Ratchaburi city
It is right beside the main highway, on the left side on the way to Bangkok, around Samut Sakhon/ Samut Songkram somewhere around those little stalls selling salt.
TonyB
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TonyB »

Great. Now to find out when's the next meet. A while back I knew a mechanic based over there, he came to Hua Hin to fix my Jeep axle ratios & fuel injectors, took it back to his place and returned it 3 weeks later everything perfect even fixed stuff I hadn't asked for. He built dragsters from write-offs for pennies, class A mechanic. Doing an engine swap so need some talent. To turbo or not to turbo that is the question.
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

This is the one in Ratchaburi, I have not been, but have past it several times.

Race & TN By Year Ratchaburi Drag

Contact No 089-806-3008

https://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx? ... &mkt=en-GB
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. R J Hanlon
TonyB
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TonyB »

thanks dozer when I get some dates I'll post, may be some interest.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Tony..2 points for you..1/ Yes there's the strip on the way to BKK right on the side of the main road, but it does seem as tho' it's getting neglected nowadays..bit shabby, never seen anyone there..no pratice-runs
midweek etc..looks like an initial funding got the place up n running, then...

2/..On the Pala-U road after passing the bypass you come to a village/crossroads (where you turn left to the 'Big Buddha')...carry straight on.
Along this road, Before the DOLE pineapple factory..(definately before Nong Plub X Rds) there is a place on your right that looks like a small scrap-yard, it has a building there..crappy cars all around (some classics too)
But INSIDE this shed are fellas building tasty motors..I got a glimse 1 day when passing & the doors were open...
...THESE guys may give you the info you're after re: drag racing here.. :cheers:
Jason
Novice
Novice

Post by Jason »

The drag strip on the left side at km marker 54 on the way to Bangkok is called Thepnakorn and as far as I know, they race there every Saturday night. Another track, considered to be the best drag strip in the Bangkok area, is Bangkok Drag Avenue in Pathum Thani. I also heard that they race at the Pranburi Airstrip.
TonyB
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TonyB »

usual suspect wrote:Tony..2 points for you..1/ Yes there's the strip on the way to BKK right on the side of the main road, but it does seem as tho' it's getting neglected nowadays..bit shabby, never seen anyone there..no pratice-runs
midweek etc..looks like an initial funding got the place up n running, then...

2/..On the Pala-U road after passing the bypass you come to a village/crossroads (where you turn left to the 'Big Buddha')...carry straight on.
Along this road, Before the DOLE pineapple factory..(definately before Nong Plub X Rds) there is a place on your right that looks like a small scrap-yard, it has a building there..crappy cars all around (some classics too)
But INSIDE this shed are fellas building tasty motors..I got a glimse 1 day when passing & the doors were open...
...THESE guys may give you the info you're after re: drag racing here.. :cheers:
thanks all for the info... I'll go by the Pala-U and see what they've got then a trip to Thepnakorn when I get the next race date.
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

I spoke to a friend of mine this afternoon and she confirmed that there is racing every Saturday evening at Thepnakorn and occasional midweek meets.

There are unofficial races at Pranburi Airport, at the weekend mostly.
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. R J Hanlon
slimdawg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by slimdawg »

Jason wrote: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:40 pm I also heard that they race at the Pranburi Airstrip.

Anyone else know any info on this? I have done some custom ECM tuning on my trailblazer and want to test it out.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

slimdawg wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:48 pm
Jason wrote: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:40 pm I also heard that they race at the Pranburi Airstrip.

Anyone else know any info on this? I have done some custom ECM tuning on my trailblazer and want to test it out.
I'd bet if there is info on the net, it's on Facebook. Know anyone who speaks Thai?
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

There is a drag strip about 6miles past the entrance to Royal Ratchhabur Golf course, on the left going away from teh golf course, in a small village. I saw a sign there when i was visiting Dad and found it on the way back. Not in great shape but was fun for 30 mins or so!
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

https://goo.gl/maps/5wjhauy2Q3C2
Here it is..airfield really but lots of signs of burnt rubber!
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

If the link works its a miracle..nothing google works for me! If you scroll the map toward Photharam you can see it on google maps