Good area for mountain biking..

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Good area for mountain biking..

Post by usual suspect »

Hello to all the folk with mountain bikes in HH.
I'm going to try explain about an area I often 'play' in close to town..
There are many reports & video clips about the 'Downhill' tracks on Hin Lek Fai to the west of town, but that type of cycling is quite demanding & requires strong bikes.. but for anyone who is quite fit, with a decent Mtb this area I use may be for you...?

* Getting there..
1) Take the Pala U road up out of town westbound..past the Magic Balloon Parkon the hill-top.
Then on your left as you coast downhill you'll see the golf driving range..you need to be taking the rough(ish) track up the edge of the range to your left immediatley before.
Follow the track up & around the top of the driving range.
Take the next right turn after the fence made of cement kerbstones..(going straight-on take you into a private quarry-area)
(Bit further along.. look for a turn-off up to your left..this is the trail that cuts thru' to Soi 88).
Follow the main trail up & down till you descend to a deep dug-out quarry-pond..you can cycle round the right side of this then explore the raised land beyond leading away from this pond.

2)..At the summit of the winding hill on Soi 88 (that climbs past the new HH Provincial Courthouse)
..you will see on your left a Buddhist Shrine (& every motorist blows their horn at it)..
..turn right here along grey gravel track.
Either take the 1st left turn off this track (down the side of a cement post fence)
or take the 2nd left turn that goes down farther along (at a 'Y' fork).
Then enjoy exploring this whole area.

The trail does link thru' from Soi 88 to the Pala U Rd..just look for Mtb tyre tracks.
But this whole area is quiet, yet rough enuf to enjoy slow or faster (demanding) riding.
Make full use of your gears!

MANY OF YOU LOCAL RIDERS KNOW THIS AREA, BUT I'M POSTING THIS FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT
& MAYBE THINKING OF HIRING A MTB FOR A DAY OR SO..

:cheers: :cheers: :thumb: