Thai Boxing stadium in Hua Hin

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Timb-uk
Rookie
Rookie

Thai Boxing stadium in Hua Hin

Post by Timb-uk »

Could someone tell me whether the Thai Boxing "stadium" is still operating.....and if it is, is it worth going to ?

Thanks
jdlancas
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Thai Boxing stadium in Hua Hin

Post by jdlancas »

Bump, yes I would also like to know about any muay thai events. Date,time, location, etc.
clinton114

Post by clinton114 »

They have matches every Wednesday and Friday. We attended one of last week's (Wednesday's) matches, and they were passing out fliers for the Friday matches. Start times are advertised as 9:00PM but Wednesday, they didn't start until about 9:40. I think we paid about 1,200 baht for 2 of us, but there are different prices for proximity to the ring (and probably, for Thai/farang also).
moe
Amateur
Amateur

Post by moe »

There are two muay thai stadiums in town, right? One in the center, somewhere between City Beach Hotel and Hilton, and one right by the Grand Plaza night market?

So one of them has matches Wednesday and Friday. How about the other one -- I seem to remember Tuesdays and Thursdays, is that correct?
deptrai

Post by deptrai »

moe wrote:There are two muay thai stadiums in town, right? One in the center, somewhere between City Beach Hotel and Hilton
I've been to this one a couple times. After some of the fights the fighters go around the seats soliciting tips. Not sure if its typical, but it put me off. Otherwise, a nice evening out. You can get seats so close that the blood could fly onto you!
twiceayear
Rookie
Rookie

Post by twiceayear »

Went to the Thai Boxing Garden last night (Saturday). There were 5 fights - couple of them had young boys that personally I thought were too young to be fighting. Its totally a tourist setup. Somewhat interesting but the quality of the fights wasn't the best (if you've seen high level Thai boxing previously).
twiceayear
Rookie
Rookie

Post by twiceayear »

Should have mentioned that the other stadium has fights on Friday nights.