Fitness center with treadmills in central Huahin?

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
wipos
Rookie
Rookie

Fitness center with treadmills in central Huahin?

Post by wipos »

Anyone who can tell if there is a fitness center with treadmills in central Huahin.
Otherwise I have to find a hotel with fitness center.
brianks
Guru
Guru

Re: Fitness center with treadmills in central Huahin?

Post by brianks »

Letic has just moved and opened new larger place on Soi 88 just behind Big Kang which is behind Power Buy. Not hard to get to and looks to be a much better gym now.
wipos
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wipos »

Very good news.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

wipos,
there is a smaller gym on soi 94 a bit past the railway line (away from the beach). It has two running machines and ample other equipment. Gets a bit busier in the evening (I'm only been once and this was the observation), better using during the day perhaps. 100thb/session.
The gym mentioned by brianks is far more expensive but I imagine far better quality so probably worth a try.
GN.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Also Sports Villa which is similar size, price and equipment to the gym on Soi 94. :thumb:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Post by Dr Mike »

Sports villa is basic, has 2'mills
Price is good 80b / session.

Do NOT go between 16.30 and 18.30--too busy.
alleykat
Professional
Professional

Post by alleykat »

There's a fitness centre at the swimming pool in Dusit Land 10. Don't know how good it is though.
wipos
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wipos »

Good news for an addicted runner :-)
Davefromoz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Davefromoz »

So what is the cost per month or annual? And which gym would have the most variety of weights and pin loaded machines?
ejorris
Novice
Novice

Post by ejorris »

About the Letic threadmills. I was yesterday, very politely, "banned" from these due to that they were afraid of breakdown from my "intense and heavy running". I was promised the money back if I wanted. I'm a 67kg runner with rather high frequency and relative easy step so I do not think I fit in to the description. However, these threadmills are mostly used for walking and very modest jog but if you're speeding up to 11-12km (long runs) and 15km (intervalls) it will be some noise from any runner. One additional reason might be that I was running my long runs for approx 2h and more.

However I was allowed next time to try with my barefoot shoes and perhaps not as fast ; )

Still, I can recommend the gym for all other equipment but if you're planing for some intense running this might not be the right place.
nomad127
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nomad127 »

ejorris wrote:About the Letic threadmills. I was yesterday, very politely, "banned" from these due to that they were afraid of breakdown from my "intense and heavy running". I was promised the money back if I wanted. I'm a 67kg runner with rather high frequency and relative easy step so I do not think I fit in to the description. However, these threadmills are mostly used for walking and very modest jog but if you're speeding up to 11-12km (long runs) and 15km (intervalls) it will be some noise from any runner. One additional reason might be that I was running my long runs for approx 2h and more.

However I was allowed next time to try with my barefoot shoes and perhaps not as fast ; )

Still, I can recommend the gym for all other equipment but if you're planing for some intense running this might not be the right place.
I was a member of this gym when they were still at the mall, but I did not resign when they moved to their new location because my condo has a decent little gym in it which is included in the rent. I find that the equipment at @letic is some of the worst I have come across and I have been working out my entire adult life as well as have managed a top shelf gym in the past. I don't mean the equipment is bad as far as condition wise, but quality wise. The dumbbells are their best pieces of equipment and that's not saying much when this place is supposed to be the best in HH. I would have thought that with their high membership fees (compared to BKK or CM) they would have been able to get better quality equipment and more of it (i.e. their free weights suck), maybe it has since they moved, but my suspicious is not.

I do however think that utilizing a treadmill for 2 hours is a bit overboard, especially if running at a high rate of speed, but I blame the gym for not posting time limits for them (such as NLT 45 mins). Treadmills are not cheap and they cannot be easily fixed, but then again, their's are not that great to begin with and I highly doubt they do preventative maintenance on them, as this usually requires a certified tech.
Gail

Post by Gail »

why don't you try going to the King's Palace at 4.00 in the afternoon just take ID and you can run round the lake for a couple of hours in safety. Mostly Thai's go but there are a few foreigners. Plus it's free :-)
Sports Fan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sports Fan »

I know a place with 4 treadmills where I run my 20kmh intervals without any problems. It's very quiet and very professional. The other equipment is very good as well and many side facilities. Cannot name where, because that's not appreciated. They do not allow outside people yet, but are planning to do so I believe. I know the people there, so for small amount of money I can use the facilities.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Sports Fan wrote:I know a place with 4 treadmills where I run my 20kmh intervals without any problems. It's very quiet and very professional. The other equipment is very good as well and many side facilities. Cannot name where, because that's not appreciated. They do not allow outside people yet, but are planning to do so I believe. I know the people there, so for small amount of money I can use the facilities.
Well that was really helpful!!
ejorris
Novice
Novice

Post by ejorris »

About the Kings Palace, yes I must try visit it. However the time at 4PM is not the best since my three kids come home from the swedish school around that time.

About +2 hours on threadmills. We have this huge training centre in northern part of sweden called IKSU (google it, since I was not allowed to add http-links here yet) with some 15.000 members (even if some of these just get membership through their work and are perhaps not that frequent). It has it all, indoor climbing, pools and even four fullsize indoor beachvolly pitches and not to mention the gym in two levels and about 20 professional threadmills. And best of all.... 2 minutes from my work. Just checked that I last winter had 13 longruns over 2h up to 37km. Guess that I'm a bit spoiled with threadmills. And yea they do breakdown here as well but since there are more then 20 in total and they fix them within a day or two it is no problem.

Think I'm getting a bit homesick! But on the other hand I do think we have something around 1 meter of snow rigth now back home so I'll stay a few more weeks :wink: