@letic Fitness center

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Big Boy

Re: Market Village Fitness center

Post by Big Boy »

Drove past there just now, and I see they are doing spacial (not my misprint) discounts as an opening offer.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Re: Market Village Fitness center

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Big Boy wrote:Drove past there just now, and I see they are doing spacial (not my misprint) discounts as an opening offer.
Get down there and give the sofa a few more years life :D
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
stevieboy
Amateur
Amateur

New Athletic fitness center

Post by stevieboy »

Has anyone recently joined the new fitness club that moved from Market Village?

Just curious about new prices and experience there? Thanks in advance for your responses.
James Irish
Rookie
Rookie

Re: New Athletic fitness center

Post by James Irish »

Hi Stevie Boy,

Its called @letic and I joined for a month at 2200 per month. It has lower rates for longer memberships. I'll check these out and post them. For some reason they don't post the rates on their website.

It's a very modern machine weights based place which suits me but might be a bit tame for the serious body builders even though I have seen a few big blokes. They also have the usual treadmills,bikes and spin bikes. Mixed Thai and European clientele of all ages and sexes. I'd give a definite thumbs up.

They also have a coffee/juice shop and a sort of higher end massage/saloon shop that they didn't have in the village.

One of the real pluses is the free exercise classes you get with membership. Yoga,spinning, power and box exercise. About 5 options a day.

I am trying the yoga for the first time and its tough but good fun. One exercise is where you put both palms of your hands flat on the mat and at the same time have both soles of your feet flat on the mat facing forward.

Cannot come even close to doing it!!! and can't see a day when I ever will..The one other bloke in the class told me it took him years!!:bow:
Sports Fan
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Atletic Fitness center

Post by Sports Fan »

I am looking for a fitness centre where I can do everything. Classes, spa facilities (incl. swimming), regular fitness etc. I am also interested in personal trainers etc. What would be the best gym?
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Hi James,

Just started 2 weeks ago, people reckon its easy.....yeah right.
Think your talking about downward facing dog, its now a life ambition for me to do it like my teacher...its a killer!
I get 1 on 1 lessons 3 mornings a week from a lady called Tik, she is great and knows how hard to push.

Good luck and you will make it :)
James Irish
Rookie
Rookie

Post by James Irish »

JW wrote:Hi James,

Just started 2 weeks ago, people reckon its easy.....yeah right.
Think your talking about downward facing dog, its now a life ambition for me to do it like my teacher...its a killer!
I get 1 on 1 lessons 3 mornings a week from a lady called Tik, she is great and knows how hard to push.

Good luck and you will make it :)
Hi JW...

I now know what she's saying..dog..I thought she was saying duck toes..not that it maters ..I can't do it anyway...I never realised I was so inflexible,..my calves are not speaking to me!!
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: @letic Fitness center

Post by JW »

Sure is tough but I am getting closer, reckon in 3 months I might be able to do it..maybe. My legs are in constant argument with the rest of me!
Ulli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Ulli »

CAREFUL!!!!!! DOUBLE PRICING!!!! Avoid this place if you don't want to support racists.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Ulli wrote:CAREFUL!!!!!! DOUBLE PRICING!!!! Avoid this place if you don't want to support racists.
With a post like that Ulli it would be good if you explain what happened in more detail so readers can be fully informed. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Ulli
Rookie
Rookie

Re: @tletic: Better than your average car park restaurant

Post by Ulli »

Awu wrote:
Ulli wrote:Great Restaurant. Especially the Fish & Chips. (I just boycott those racists of the @letic gym because of their double pricing)
I will give the restaurant a try but same as you, I don´t like the pricing in @letic so I´m looking for another more resonable gym, do you know any?
I don't have a problem with the price of 2200 THB but I have a problem that Thais have to pay 1700 THB without any reasonable cause. The only answer they gave me is that everybody in Thailand is doing that.... Bull..... I know its common but that doesn't make it right. True Fitness in Bangkok for example has same prices for Thais and Farang.

There is a gym at the Amari Hotel. I don't know how it is but it costs 14000 for 6 month. Quite expensive but I would prefer this over @letic
Ulli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Ulli »

prcscct wrote:
Ulli wrote:CAREFUL!!!!!! DOUBLE PRICING!!!! Avoid this place if you don't want to support racists.
With a post like that Ulli it would be good if you explain what happened in more detail so readers can be fully informed. Pete :cheers:

I just don't like it if I live here and pay more taxes then the regular Thai and still get treated like a second class human. They charge more for Farang then for Thais and the only explanation they give me is: "Everybody is doing that in Thailand" First of all.... True Fitness in Bangkok doesn't..... Second.... Just because it is very common in Thailand it doesn't make it right. Why racist???? Because they charge you depending on your race.
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

Really like this gym. Both myself and my Thai girlfriend have joined. Better than most gyms I used when in Pattaya. I find them friendly and the equipment good. I like the bar area and usually avail of their smoothies after a work out. I will be honest and say I find it very cheap compared to some gyms. I couldn't care less if they price differently for Thai and Farang, this is Thailand and living here 10 years you get used to it or if not you just get stressed. I have saved money by it being cheaper for my girlfriend. I am there to work out and get fit, not put the world to right.
m_right
Guru
Guru

Post by m_right »

I can't believe how expensive it is even for Thai. It would be half as much for better equipment in the U.S. I won't pay it. Not enough competition I guess.
"Religion is What Keeps the Poor from Murdering the Rich" -- Napoleon Bonaparte
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

.[/quote]I just don't like it if I live here and pay more taxes then the regular Thai and still get treated like a second class human. They charge more for Farang then for Thais and the only explanation they give me is: "Everybody is doing that in Thailand" First of all.... True Fitness in Bangkok doesn't..... Second.... Just because it is very common in Thailand it doesn't make it right. Why racist???? Because they charge you depending on your race.[/quote]

I agree 100% however your and my feelings will not change things in Thailand. You are a Farang ( a word I hate) and you are here to be used and abused you will not change anything.

My wife has two businesses I set up for her and in both she sees no wrong in double pricing, her opinion is Farangs have more money so can pay more, no amount of discussion can change this.

I would agree that US$70 per month is excessive
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali