@letic Fitness center

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
stevieboy
Amateur
Amateur

@letic Fitness center

Post by stevieboy »

I just heard that after many years that the large fitness center on top of Market Village is moving to Soi 88.

Does anyone know if that is an accurate fact and because I am not in HH now so cant see for myself the question is does Soi 88 have other popular shops there and is it close to Villa Market?

Thanks in adance folks!
nij400

Re: Market Village Fitness center

Post by nij400 »

Behind powerbuy and bigkiang a new building is going up, as i went by i my bike i noticed a sign saying fitness centre,cant say anymore than that coz i was scanning the road for idiots !!! didnt have to wait long !
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

The Atletic gym is moving behind Powerbuy, due to open early 2013 - looks like a massive place!
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

based on the size of the build it is going to be about 5 times its current size, the site is huge
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

And will still be avoiding it if they still charge 450thb per session (250thb for Thais).
GN.
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Post by ste860 »

its going to have a coffee shop and a few stores in it too ,i got that from the builder
Pedro C
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Pedro C »

SEX is the best, happiest, most fulfilling and rewarding physical excersise. And as an added bonus it may give you some peace of mind, too. Regular sexual intercourse will keep the doctor away and save the expense for the gym.
Life is short. Especially for those of us who have most of our future behind us.
certocito

Post by certocito »

Planned move is for around mid-Jan. I know the owners were advertising for a beauty shop and massage to take some of the real estate once built. Not much else on that part of Soi 88 apart from Big Kiang and Power Buy on the corner. 5 min walk to Villa Market.
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

I saw the sign outside of the current location stating it was going to be a Jan opening. I drive by the Power Buy and down that street probably 5 times a week and looking at that building there is absolutely no way its going to be complete anytime soon.

My guess would be March or April.... I could be wrong but I just don't see how it's possible to have a fully functional gym in less than 8 weeks when you are still putting up walls.
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

Pedro C wrote:Regular sexual intercourse will keep the doctor away
Well... depends.. not protecting yourself can be known to cause visits you were really not expecting to make! :tsk:
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
certocito

Post by certocito »

Gym opened in its new location about the 27 Dec. Still lots of work to do but all the equipment has been moved there from Market Village. No A/C as yet and I think there is going to be a problem with the layout - needs a bit of re-org to make the most of the space. No sign of the shops yet and the coffee bar is not up and running. The owner has gone for the cheapest carpet for floor covering and I think (based on previous experience) it will need recarpeting within 6 months. There are already tears in the carpet and it wasn't laid properly in the first instance - lots of ridges in the carpet. I think unless there is a big improvement a lot of members will move elsewhere. Cannot understand why someone with any business brain would attempt to run a fitness centre like that without completing the work before opening - profit over service maybe.. No floor covering in the mens changing room as yet, all the old lockers from Market Village moved across, the machines that were out of order before the move still are - mind you that may be due to the holiday period..?? Be interesting to see how it ends up..
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

I just drove by and it does look like its half open. Some cars in the dirt lot for parking. You could be right about profit over service, it would make sense. Get the new place open and close the old one.
dom77
Amateur
Amateur

Post by dom77 »

Yes the gym is open for business, grand opening is on 12th January.

New classes have been scheduled and its more spacious than when it was at Market Village. Already there are more members. Which can only be good.

Moderators: - I am not advertising merely informing people of the facts.
blue05
Guru
Guru

@Letic Soi 88

Post by blue05 »

Does anyone know the prices for this gym, daily, weekly, monthly, annually

Also what facilities does it have, any steam room and sauna?

thanks
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Re: @Letic Soi 88

Post by JimmyGreaves »

blue05 wrote:Does anyone know the prices for this gym, daily, weekly, monthly, annually

Also what facilities does it have, any steam room and sauna?

thanks
swimming pool?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip