Hua Hin & Cha Am Hash House Harriers

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Re: Hua Hin & Cha Am Hash House Harriers

Post by usual suspect »

Bushwacker..I think in high-season, when the Cycle-Hash has many willing participants you should set a trail in this area.
:cheers: :cheers:
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Technical details below for this past Saturdays Chaam hash..
Many thanks to Pedalphile and Plodderphile for a cracking yet demanding trail. Didn't know they made hills that high in Thailand.... :P
Additional thanks to the Usual Suspect, Bushwacker and Tinks for their big efforts.

See you all next time.
:cheers:
GN & Mrs. GN.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/297621017
Attachments
2013-06-08 20.55.56 (Small).png
2013-06-08 20.55.56 (Small).png (178.46 KiB) Viewed 1525 times
2013-06-08 20.55.52 (Medium).png
2013-06-08 20.55.52 (Medium).png (119.83 KiB) Viewed 1525 times
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Tomorrow evenings hash particulars below.
Sargeant & MrPlum especially welcome... 8)

Approximate time at location ~16:15

Hi Fellow Hashers

H2H3 RUN #255 on 15th June 2013

ANNOUNCEMENTS

PLEASE TAKE NOTE “Persons attending and participating in the Hua Hin Hash do so entirely at their own risk"
1: An updated Hare & Snacks Line Schedule for 2013 is attached. Please advise the Hare Raiser, Ballbanger, of any corrections and update of your support hare which I would prefer to be a new member to the Hash.
2: We are in need of volunteers to prepare Hash Snacks. If you feel you are unable to be a Hare then please consider this alternative role. Remember your services will be rewarded with a Run Fee Waiver.
3: Your Hares for Run #256 will be Dave the Rave and Sodomy, Snacks by Dave the Rave.

DIRECTIONS FOR THIS SATURDAYS HASH – H2H3 Run #255
Run location details and Maps provided by by Tinks
Details may also be found on the website link http://sites.google.com/site/huahinhhh/run-location and maybe on Facebook link http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hua-Hin-a ... 4885748063
H2H3 Run #255 – 15/06/2013
Hares: Steakhouse & Pinky
Hash Snacks: Bitch Walker

Directions to H2H3 Run #255 run site:
N 12 28.465 E 99 56.058 (N 12.474417 E 99.9343)
From Hua Hin & Cha-Am
Make your way South on Phet Kasem Road to the rail track flyover and then make a U-Turn at the end of the central barrier and then head back foe about 150 m and turn LEFT onto Soi 112.
ZERO ODOMETER and follow signs for the BANYAN GOLF COURSE.
Continue on Soi 112 for 2.6 Km and turn LEFT following the signs to BANYAN GOLF
Continue on this road for approximately 7.6 Km passing BANYAN GOLF COURSE on your right and continue following signs to the GREENFIELD VALLEY RESORT.
The road deteriorates into a dirt track, but GREENFIELD VALLEY is well signposted all the way.

For those coming from Cha Am along bypass:
Drive SOUTH to flyover interchange and zero odometer.
Proceed 6.4 kilometres then turn LEFT on to Soi 112 (signposted for Floating Markets and Banyan Golf Course).
NOTE this road is under reconstruction for most of the way.
Continue on this road, heading EAST, taking care at a major crossroads. Proceed across this junction and continue past the Floating Markets and shortly after the 3 km marker look out for junction to the RIGHT signposted BANYAN.
Then continue as above.
START TIME - Please be at the run site at 1630 to pay hash taxes and be ready for a 1700 start.
Run Fees for Male Beer Drinkers, Female Beer Drinkers, Non Beer Drinkers, Kids, and Under 8’s are THB 200, 150, 100, 50 & FREE respectively.
Your effort to bring the CORRECT change would be very much appreciated.

On On On:
The Greenfield Valley Resort restaurant.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Thanx for posting that G.N. Just you look out for patches of soft sand that may have been washed into the track on the way into the Greenfields site (on the downhill bit)..the Ninja's tyres are for blacktop use. :cheers:
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Hope some more can attend. I have room for one on the back of the Ninja if anyone needs transport (helmet required, full-face recommended!). Mrs. G.N. cannot make it this week due to work commitments.
GN.

"CAH3 Hash # 207

Saturday 22nd June 2013

HARES: Pythagoras; Wallace

Hash Snacks : Pirsquared

Guest GM for one day only : Hollow Legs.

Misdirections: From Hua Hin.
Travel North on Phetchakasem Road. Turn left at 220 km marker. Zero Odometer. Travel 7 km. Turn right at HHH sign. Travel 1.2 km to HHH car park.

From Cha Am.
Travel South on Phetchakasem Road. U Turn at 220 km marker. Cross over road and turn left. Zero Odometer. Travel 7 km. Turn right at HHH sign. Travel 1.2 km toHHH car park.

From Hua Hin using By Pass.
Travel North until large road junction signed Phetchakasem Road (close to the 17 km Marker). Cross over road . Travel 1.2 km. Turn left and travel another 1.2 km to HHH car park.

From Cha Am using By Pass.
Travel South until large junction signed Phetchakasem Road ((close to the 17 km Marker). Turn left. Travel 1.2 km. Turn left and travel another 1.2 km to HHH car park.

On On On : Restaurant to be announced."
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Technical details below for yesterdays hash.
Big thanks to 'Hollow Legs', 'Pythagoras', 'Wallace' and 'Pirsquared' for their tremendous effort.
Great workout!
GN.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/308830555
Attachments
HHH-map, 23-Jun-2013 (Medium).JPG
HHH, 23-Jun-2013.JPG
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

No offense, Ginj, but when I was a member of the Islamabad Hash 25 years ago, anything like the information supplied above would probably have got you sentenced to at least an hour sitting on a tub of ice! :laugh: :cheers:
This is the way
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

dtaai-maai wrote:No offense, Ginj, but when I was a member of the Islamabad Hash 25 years ago, anything like the information supplied above would probably have got you sentenced to at least an hour sitting on a tub of ice! :laugh: :cheers:
See you next Saturday then DtM... I'll let you set the pace. Ice will be provided.
:wink:
GN.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

:shock: :run:
This is the way
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

I have room for one on the back of the Ninja again...
GN.

"Hi Fellow Hashers

H2H3 RUN #256 on 29th June 2013

ANNOUNCEMENTS

PLEASE TAKE NOTE “Persons attending and participating in the Hua Hin Hash do so entirely at their own risk"
1: An updated Hare & Snacks Line Schedule for 2013 is attached. Please advise the Hare Raiser, Ballbanger, of any corrections and update of your support hare which I would prefer to be a new member to the Hash.
2: We are in need of volunteers to prepare Hash Snacks. If you feel you are unable to be a Hare then please consider this alternative role. Remember your services will be rewarded with a Run Fee Waiver.
3: Your Hares for Run #257 on 13/07/2013 will be Odd Socks and Screwdriver, Snacks by Loose Screw.

DIRECTIONS FOR THIS SATURDAYS HASH – H2H3 Run #256
Run location details provided by Dave the Rave and Maps prepared by by Tinks
Details may also be found on the website link http://sites.google.com/site/huahinhhh/run-location and maybe on Facebook link http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hua-Hin-a ... 4885748063
H2H3 Run #256 – 29/06/2013
Hares: Dave the Rave & Sodomy

Directions to H2H3 Run #256 run site:
N 12 40.594 E 99 56.136 (N 12.676567 E 99.9356)
From Hua Hin
Make your way NORTH on Phet Kasem Road to the 220 km Marker and turn LEFT into Chom Phol Road (Route #1010).
ZERO ODOMETER and continue on Chom Phol Road for 1.8 km then turn RIGHT onto red dirt road (HHH Sign)
Continue on dirt road for another 400 m, keep LEFT at junction and then continue for another 400 m to small white building on LEFT and park.

From Hua Hin & Cha-Am
Make your way SOUTH on Phet Kasem Road to the 220 km Marker and then take first U-turn and head back towards Cha-am and turn LEFT into Chom Phol Road (Route #1010).
Follow directions as above.

For those coming from Cha Am along bypass:
Drive SOUTH until the Chom Phol Road junction close to the 17 km Marker and exit LEFT.
ZERO ODOMETER and proceed for 6.2 km then turn LEFT onto red dirt road (HHH Sign)
Continue on dirt road for another 400 m, keep LEFT at junction and then continue for another 400 m to small white building on LEFT and park.
START TIME - Please be at the run site at 1630 to pay hash taxes and be ready for a 1700 start.
Run Fees for Male Beer Drinkers, Female Beer Drinkers, Non Beer Drinkers, Kids, and Under 8’s are THB 200, 150, 100, 50 & FREE respectively.
Your effort to bring the CORRECT change would be very much appreciated.

On On On:
Will be a 120 THB Buffet + BBQ at Tik's Place, VIP Condo Chain, close to the 221 km marker on Phet Kasem road.

To open the below map in full detail place curser over title “Show on Google Maps” and click, if this does not work then go to this link:
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sour ... 6&dirflg=d
After opening the map in Google Maps if you then place your cursor on each referenced turn (1, 2, 3 etc.) it will flag up on the"
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

GN, I know that my son is really keen to give this a go (if he survives football training tonight). You've already discussed, and determined that the start time will be a problem. However, they do sometimes finish work a few minutes early. If tomorrow is a slightly early finish, how rigid is the "You need to give Hash Cash time to put the loot and books away before the pre-run circle is called at 1655." Does 'Thai time' prevail, and is there any leeway?

If I were to break speed limits :oops:, and he arrived by 1705 latest, would he have missed the boat?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Big Boy,
who is your son?
I can pay his (and yours?) fee(s) if you're definitely coming. I'm sure he/you could attend but we might have departed by the time you arrive and you will be following the trail from aback. Usually the hashers are bogged down at the start with checking trails and false trails so you would probably catch up quick. There will be someone at the car park that will give starting directions. If running you will catch up quick.
I don't condone breaking speed limits.... 8)
P.M. me for further info.
GN.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

B.B. I'm happy to wait back at the start a few mins for him if he can make it.. :thumb:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

He's at football now, although he's on the subs bench at the moment. We need to see if he can walk in the morning first. I will post tomorrow morning.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The good news is he came through tonight's training game fine. The bad news is that he's got a league match at 1800hrs tomorrow, so it's stand down this week guys. He'll try again next week.

Thanks very much for the offers of help.

Points 41; Position 18