Greenfield Valley Fishing

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Steve M
Novice
Novice

Greenfield Valley Fishing

Post by Steve M »

I want to share a recent fishing experience with you

I have been to Hua Hin fishing lodge but decided to give the Greenfield Valley a try as a special treat

The cost of a day's fishing (7am to sundown) makes your eyes water but IMHO it was worth every penny. I was able to mitigate the cost somewhat by going with a mate and we took turns landing fish

The number of anglers each day is limited to just 5 and on the day I picked we were the only people fishing..... so we had our own private lake for the day!

There is a lush green lawn along one side of the lake which helps create a very relaxing atmosphere

The price includes 2 rods, all bait and equipment and a "gillie". Reasonably priced food and drink is brought to you on request

This place has only been open for just over a year so the fish are still inexperienced at being caught

We are not experienced anglers but we caught over 20 fish (almost as many Singha's that we drank) the largest of which was a 30kg Alapama and a 17kg red tail catfish. We also caught alligator gar, 3 types of carp, the inevitable Tilapia and several other small species.

What we didn't catch was an estimated 60-80kg Giant Catfish which sadly got the better of my mate who was fishing for the first time

As a disclaimer I wish to make it clear that I am in no way connected with this fishing lodge but thought you might appreciate an alternative option
steve w

Re: Greenfield Valley Fishing

Post by steve w »

at 5,500 billy bahts for the day,i will give said place a miss on my next trip and book an all inclusive day at hua hin lodge i think.
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

I have been to both and the Greenfield Valley Fishing is a more upmarket, tidier, good lay-out and great scenery.
Hua Hin Fishing Lodge a bit more basic and the surroundings are not so nice, but good value and great fishing.
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. R J Hanlon
Nick NCFC

Post by Nick NCFC »

Anyone know if this place is still open? I have some friends over from the UK and they want to do some fishing, they have booked the Hua Hin fishing lodge with no problems but they also want to fish here but can't get a reply from them.
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

I have friends there as we speak. He and his lady partner have been there since Wednesday staying in one of the lodges. I have photo's on my FB page of huge monster catfish and other varieties. I have no idea of costings but it would need to be reasonable for my friend to book it. He has also booked to go again next month for 4 days. He comes back to reality tomorrow. You should be able to get details here https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q= ... g+thailand
Nick NCFC

Post by Nick NCFC »

robcar wrote:I have friends there as we speak. He and his lady partner have been there since Wednesday staying in one of the lodges. I have photo's on my FB page of huge monster catfish and other varieties. I have no idea of costings but it would need to be reasonable for my friend to book it. He has also booked to go again next month for 4 days. He comes back to reality tomorrow. You should be able to get details here https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q= ... g+thailand
Thanks. that's the details we've been using and they put the phone down everytime we speak and the e mail doesn't get a reply. Now I know it's open will drive up there tomorrow and book it as it's not far from me.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

If somebody kept putting the phone down on me and repeatedly ignored my e-mail, I'm not sure I'd bother :?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote:If somebody kept putting the phone down on me and repeatedly ignored my e-mail, I'm not sure I'd bother :?
Yes, exactly. Or maybe they can get that lady judge to go with them and "explain" how to do it. :rasta:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Nick NCFC

Post by Nick NCFC »

Big Boy wrote:If somebody kept putting the phone down on me and repeatedly ignored my e-mail, I'm not sure I'd bother :?
Normally I wouldn't but my friend wants to fish there and as I live off Soi 112 it's pretty convenient. Does all seem quite strange I can't find any reviews about the place in the last few months, a Facebook page seems to suggest they had all their fish stolen and I was also told they moved to Cha-am. Anyway I'm intrigued now so will ride up and find out.
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

I can truthfully swear that it is still there and operating. I went on Friday to see how my friends were enjoying themselves. They are leaving this afternoon but returning again for 4 more days next month.
Nick NCFC

Post by Nick NCFC »

robcar wrote:I can truthfully swear that it is still there and operating. I went on Friday to see how my friends were enjoying themselves. They are leaving this afternoon but returning again for 4 more days next month.
Cheers! Yes went up there and it definitely is open. It appears when you google it you get an old website with incorrect info I tried to explain this but they didn't seem too bothered. This is the the website http://fishinginhuahin.com