Kaeng Krachan National Park

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
seasiaman
Novice
Novice

Kaeng Krachan National Park

Post by seasiaman »

Saw a wonderful TV programme about the Kaeng Krachan Nat Pk on Ch4 TV here in UK (guys searching for real wild Siamese crocodiles). I hadn't realised how vast and unspoilt this park was - and so close to HH. Must be one of the best kept secrets of this part of Thailand!
seasiaman
Novice
Novice

Post by seasiaman »

Just saw the following in today's Bangkok Post (Sun 13 Jul) on the Web. This looks like the same series I've seen here in UK. Some of you guys there may like to watch for the one on the Siamese crocs - that was the one about Kaeng Krachan.

"Snake smitten
This July, viewers join herpetologist Mark O'Shea as he searches for more of the world's most dangerous and unusual animals with the return of O'Shea's Big Adventure. O'Shea's new quests will require long and hard travel, a complete lack of fear and a desire to visit some of the most remote and forbidding climates on the planet. Once these locales are reached, the journey will have just begun. O'Shea searches for dangerous creatures, like the king cobra, rock python, and the world's most endangered crocodile _ the Siamese crocodile and the highly-venomous Russells viper. Starting July 14, premiere episodes of O'Shea's Big Adventure premiere every Mon at 8pm and encore the following Tue at 8am on UBC 44. "
buksida

Post by buksida »

I have been meaning to go up there for months now but have never got round to it (still havent been to pala-U after 5 years!).

I'll rent a car in town and spend a few days in the park at some stage. I imagine is four times the price to get in for us farangs also.