Is it worth going to Dang Singkon market?

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
HHCanuck
Professional
Professional

Is it worth going to Dang Singkon market?

Post by HHCanuck »

I know this has been asked before however things change fast in Thailand.

Has anyone gone recently? Is it worth the drive from Hua Hin? Is it all Chinese junk or are there interesting items from Myanmar for sale?
Big Boy

Re: Is it worth going to Dang Singkon market?

Post by Big Boy »

IMHO it's great if you want giant pieces of wooden furniture or unusual plants. Outside of that, it's the same stuff you can get anywhere.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Timely post! A friend is down and wants to see the furniture for sale but is busy Saturday Morn. Is the furniture places open every day?
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

They've always been open whenever I've visited. I've often thought how nice the furniture is, but then realism sinks in. I'd need a bigger house :wink: .
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I went down there on a Saturday a few weeks back and it was pretty empty. There wasn't much there bar furniture and plants. That's in the new covered completely unattractive, boring, newly built market (how much better it was before). But wander around the back and up towards what was a car park, but now seems full of typical Thai market stalls and it's not so sterile. Still lots of trinkets at such at the stalls nearest the road (which I was able to park in front of) - oh, and I bought a bed and dining table and chairs, having viewed them a few weeks earlier (let the other halves barter)! :wink:
Talk is cheap