Photos: Major flooding in Bangsaphan

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Photos: Major flooding in Bangsaphan

Post by HHTel »

Great vid but it was quite a few years ago. I'm not sure the trains even attempted going through water this time, or did they? Considering the damage to some of the rails after the floods receded, it would have been quite foolhardy.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

bsdk1960 wrote:Buksadi , Migrant or anyone who knows
I know you have many things to look at the moment,but do you have any idea about how it looks to go snorkling on Koh Talu,and is it possible to stay at the hotels in Bangsaphan,and one last question ,is it possible to drive there with sedan car ?

Hope for you all down there things moving forward and everybody can return to a normal life.

:cheers: :cheers:
Other than a few side roads, travel is pretty open. Not sure if the snorkeling charters are running though, seas, while not real high on shore here, could be bad there. Visibility may also be off even on the lee of Talu.

We use Suchart Boat Tour at 081-7594997 for fishing/snorkeling and he is a good guy with a few boats. Not so much english though :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

migrant wrote:
bsdk1960 wrote:Buksadi , Migrant or anyone who knows
I know you have many things to look at the moment,but do you have any idea about how it looks to go snorkling on Koh Talu,and is it possible to stay at the hotels in Bangsaphan,and one last question ,is it possible to drive there with sedan car ?

Hope for you all down there things moving forward and everybody can return to a normal life.

Other than a few side roads, travel is pretty open. Not sure if the snorkeling charters are running though, seas, while not real high on shore here, could be bad there. Visibility may also be off even on the lee of Talu.

We use Suchart Boat Tour at 081-7594997 for fishing/snorkeling and he is a good guy with a few boats. Not so much english though :cheers:
Thanks Migrant much appreciate it ,good luck down there :thumb:

buksida

Post by buksida »

Action star ‘Tony Jaa’ helps clean up flood-hit Ban Krut
Phanom “Tony Jaa" Yeerum, star of Thai and Hollywood action movies, on Wednesday joined hundreds of residents, shop owners, officials and tourists in cleaning up the debris left behind at flood-hit Ban Krut community in Bang Saphan district.

Tambon Ban Krut municipality mayor Thongchai Phetsakulthong launched the “Big Cleaning Day’’ project, which drew more than 500 people from all walks of life.

The aim is to restore the marine ecology of Ban Krut beach and repair the damaged landscape of the coastal community. Many houses, resorts, restaurants and roads were also damaged and left in a mess.

Jaa said he was promoting a movie in another country during the flooding in Bang Saphan district. He was shocked to learn that Ban Krut beach, his favourite holiday place, had suffered severely from the floods.

“I like to holiday at Ban Krut beach because of its beautiful natural setting and tranquility. Whenever I go to make a movie in another country I encourage the team, particularly those from Hollywood, to shoot a film at Ban Krut beach community in Bang Saphan district. I want the community to attract worldwide attraction,’' the actor said.

He joined in collecting garbage along about 5 kilometres of the beach, left there by the draining floodwater.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... t-ban-krut
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson