Koh Nang Yuan

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
PeteC

Koh Nang Yuan

Post by PeteC »

Nice drone video and beautiful place. Off the northwest coast of Koh Tao. Pete :cheers:

https://www.airvuz.com/video/58242f4bf870175f9e9bd230
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Re: Koh Nang Yuan

Post by PeteC »

Further to above, I wonder if the tide takes out that barrier beach twice a day?
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Looks nice! Anyone stayed/dove there?
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

prcscct wrote:Further to above, I wonder if the tide takes out that barrier beach twice a day?
Yes it does.

The island is "privately" operated owned/operated (however that works in Thailand I do not know - money changes hand TBS) so to stay on that island means you are single sourced for everything including meals, lodging, etc. Koh Tao is a short boat ride away but whereas that was once my favorite island in Thailand I will now never go back.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

centermid7 wrote: Koh Tao is a short boat ride away but whereas that was once my favorite island in Thailand I will now never go back.
Why is that?
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

migrant wrote:
centermid7 wrote: Koh Tao is a short boat ride away but whereas that was once my favorite island in Thailand I will now never go back.
Why is that?
could be because of this?
http://huahinforum.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... ed#p360936
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I don't know what centermid7's reasons are, but I've started to plan several trips to that set of islands, but each time I've abandoned my plans due to the constant bad press they keep getting. This maybe one example where I'm being taken in by reports on Facebook :oops: . True or false, there are plenty of other places to visit without that bad press.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

^ Yes indeed. I have not forgotten what happened to those young people and how it was handled. '

I'll never go back.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

centermid7 wrote:^ Yes indeed. I have not forgotten what happened to those young people and how it was handled. '

I'll never go back.
Understandable! As BB said, plenty of places to go. I was looking at the Koh Nang Yuan and didn't notice it was off Koh Tao
buksida

Post by buksida »

Most of these places lost their appeal years ago - I'm glad I was able to see them in the 90s before they were spoilt.

Koh Tao alarmed by growing trash pile
The island once known for its picturesque diving spots and laid-back beach scene is at the risk of being overwhelmed by the ever-increasing pile of garbage.

The alarm was sounded Monday by Koh Tao’s kamnan Kobchai Saowalak as he led Surat Thani governor to visit the site of the rubbish mountain at the island’s disused trash incinerator plant. He called upon the mainland authorities to take action before the garbage caused irreversible damage to Koh Tao’s environment.

“On average, there are between 20 and 30 tons of trash here,” Kobchai said by telephone. “For the size of Koh Tao, that’s a lot.”

The 21 sq km island welcomes an estimate of 3 million visitors per year, most of them foreign tourists. The island used to see an average of three to five tonnes of trash per day, but now it’s five times that number, Kobchai said.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/envi ... rash-pile/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

The place has rapidly lost my interest!!
Jack Sprat

Post by Jack Sprat »

Dannie Boy wrote:
migrant wrote:
Why is that?
could be because of this?
http://huahinforum.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... ed#p360936
I too, will never go back there and actively discourage anyone that asks me for travel advise to never go there.
The blatantly corrupt handling of the murders leaves me incensed.