Restaurants in Ko Tao & Pak Nam Pran

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
rynka
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Restaurants in Ko Tao & Pak Nam Pran

Post by rynka »

Richard is back :)

ThaiWaii Tavern's location:
108/410 Hua-Hin 101, Tambon Nong Kae, Amphoe Hua Hin, Chang Wat Prachuap Khiri Khan 77110

https://goo.gl/maps/SBaMWCfSYDz
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

rynka wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:36 am Richard is back :)

ThaiWaii Tavern's location:
108/410 Hua-Hin 101, Tambon Nong Kae, Amphoe Hua Hin, Chang Wat Prachuap Khiri Khan 77110

https://goo.gl/maps/SBaMWCfSYDz
thanks,will drop in when i'm back next year,love live music and it's very near our home :sun:

:cheers: :cheers:
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

Is Thaiwaii still open? I drove past Ko Tao last Sunday and it looked closed.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

dundrillin wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:14 am Is Thaiwaii still open? I drove past Ko Tao last Sunday and it looked closed.
I believe that they had been told not to have live music during the mourning period.
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

Thanks for that, hopefully they will be back in action soon.
Feedingtime
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Feedingtime »

On soi 101 to Khao Tao lake some really good and reasonably priced restaurants just over the railway track so you have The Curve first on the curve! then place called Loft Indy,great food (best kao soi ive ever had)..then Baan Tao restaurant also very good,big menu,good prices..then Kens on the corner (not tried his but some people recommend) then overlooking lake and new Sala there in the lake is a great bistro cafe type place called "Remember" i think!!...good food and great view at sun down.
All got great staff and ambience relaxing.
crab
Amateur
Amateur

Post by crab »

Don't forget the big noodle and kaaomangai place before the railway track. Excellent crispy pork and rice and broth. Somtam available two shops up. On the other side of Phetkasem Road there are several good small restaurants on the frontage road to the north of Soi 126, especially the one on the first corner past the Post Office. I lunch there often.

"Remember" is new to me. I'll look out for it. It's always good to be told or "reminded" of good local eateries.

Of course, if you're not afraid of sharks leaping onto the land, there is also a couple of not bad little places on Saai Noi beach.

And the fish restaurant on the edge of Khao Tao beach, though not one of my true favourites, can be good too.