Dansingkhon to Prachuap cycle rally - Mar 7, 2015

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
buksida

Dansingkhon to Prachuap cycle rally - Mar 7, 2015

Post by buksida »

pknrally1.jpg
The sports and tourism ministry have a arranged this cycle ride/rally from Dansingkhon to Prachuap town, the route is around 50km but there are plenty of stops on the way.

Registration of teams of four (can be less) is at Dansingkhon between 0600 and 0800 on Saturday, vehicles, food and accommodation is provided for entrants.

Here is a map (though not the best of quality)
rally2.jpg
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Re: Dansingkhon to Prachuap cycle rally - Mar 7, 2015

Post by JamesWest »

i would be curious if they provide paramedics? not joking.
also, will there be any traffic control?
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Will let you know ... if I survive it!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

I'd have joined in..but when it's due 2mrw, that's a bit short-notice.. :(
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

I would have loved to take part but have only just seen this so I guess I miss out yet again.

:(
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
buksida

Post by buksida »

What a fantastic day; firstly a huge thanks to the Prachuap Municipality and Tourism & Sports Ministry for organising this. I'd never competed in anything like this before so was unsure what to expect, it was very professionally put together with hundreds of staff and organisers, police and military personnel and medics along the route.

Teams were four riders each and many of them were local enthusiasts with all the gear, we looked a little out of place without all the latex and slinky shoes but what the hell, I wanted to have fun, not really 'compete'. Rally stages were time trials so you had a set amount of time to cover a set number of kilometers before the next checkpoint where a small quiz or game was completed for extra points. We were in the third group of around 25 cyclists and left Singkhon at around 9am.

The route avoided the highway and took a number of scenic and a couple of off-road tracks, staff lined the entire course to direct us and provide assistance if necessary. We stopped for lunch at Waghor aquarium then headed north along the coast through Klong Wan and into Ao Manao stopping to get the required photo shots for points along the way.

The finish was at the pier in Prachuap town at around 4pm after covering approximately 50 kilometers - the heat in the afternoon was punishing and I was beat but happy to have completed it. A huge spread of food was provided in the evening for the prize ceremony.

This video was made from the footage I shot on the GoPro along the way.

I was one of only four farangs that took part, I did mention to the bosses that a little marketing and promotion IN ENGLISH would get them more entrants from Hua Hin. It was my fault that I posted the Thai flyer with very little notice so apologies for that, will be on the ball for the next one (which I think is in Ban Krut).