Where ist the Elephant - camp from Soi 95 ??

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
Socrates

Where ist the Elephant - camp from Soi 95 ??

Post by Socrates »

2 years ago we visited the elephant camp in Hu Hin Soi 95. There also have been some shows with crocodiles and Kobra snakes also.

Today we wanted to show this camp to some friends... but surprise... the camp was empty.

When we asked the peoples around, we have got information, that after the last flood, some crocodiles come out and there have been many problems about that.

Now we are looking for information, where this camp is moved to. Is anybody knowing about that ?

Thank you in advance.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Where ist the Elephant - camp from Soi 95 ??

Post by Dannie Boy »

I genuinely don't know, but do yourself and your friends a favour and dont search for it - as you found out when you visited the safari park, animals are frequently mistreated and kept under cruel conditions so if everybody avoids these places, they would slowly disappear.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

If you want to see animals in their natural environment, go down to Kui Buri National Park - it's a lovely day out. You may still not get close, but it is real :D

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=28894
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Socrates

Post by Socrates »

This elefant camp in Soi 95 was a taking care camp for elefants... They had one, who lost one leg... They feeded him... and visitors could see, how they took care...

The Mahuts lived nexts to their elefants. In this camp I never had feeling that the animals are victims like in many other parks as the Hua Hin Safari Park.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Socrates wrote:This elefant camp in Soi 95 was a taking care camp for elefants... They had one, who lost one leg... They feeded him... and visitors could see, how they took care...

The Mahuts lived nexts to their elefants. In this camp I never had feeling that the animals are victims like in many other parks as the Hua Hin Safari Park.
That could be an exception, so sorry if I painted a picture that they're all bad - just most of them, however the parks as mentioned by Big Boy are very different and the animals remaining are genuinely wild.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I was always under the impression that the 'Safari Park' as it was advertised moved to the current 'Safari Park'. The adverts and directions at the time indicated a move. Therefore the 'new' Safari Park is run by the same people as the old Safari Park. A few years ago I went to the Safari Park on 95 and IF they gave the impression that they were a humane organization then they managed to fool some. They certainly were not the caring people that the OP believes. Elephants were traumatised as was evident by their behavior.
The 'new' Safari Park are the same people without a shadow of a doubt.

DO NOT SUPPORT THESE PLACES.