A trip to support Prachuab FC

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
buksida

A trip to support Prachuab FC

Post by buksida »

With all the football talk around we thought we'd take a trip to Prachuab town to cheer on our local team. Kickoff wasn't until 17.30 so Ao Manao made a good enough place to spend the afternoon. Entrance was 60 baht per head and seating unallocated so we took the shaded side but would probably have had more fun with the band on the other side of the stadium!

You could get a shirt in the official club shop for 400 baht and a cold beer at the local stalls for 35 baht a tin. I wasnt expecting Serie A but was genuinely impressed by the standard of play, some of the players should be in much higher divisions. Prachuab went on to beat Nakhon Si Thammarat convincingly by 3 goals to 1.
DSC_1055.jpg
DSC_1058.jpg
DSC_1061.jpg
DSC_1063.jpg
DSC_1064.jpg
DSC_1065.jpg
DSC_1072.jpg
DSC_1074.jpg
DSC_1077.jpg
DSC_1084.jpg
DSC_1097.jpg
DSC_1111.jpg
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Re: A trip to support Prachuab FC

Post by Big Boy »

Hisssssssss, Traitor :cuss:

Seriously, they've got good a good set of supporters, and since being moved to the 2nd Division, Southern section this season, they are no longer arch rivals. Many Prachuab supporters come along to support Hua Hin if their match doesn't clash. 2 of them regularly give the Hua Hin drummers a break. They asked me to attend yesterday's match, but there's no way I'd be allowed to watch football 2 days running :cry:

They were really good last season until the last couple of games when they faded somewhat. They finished runners up, but were hopeless in the play off league.

Where are they in the league this season? Any chance we'll have a local derby in the play off league?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

Technically they are my local team, Hua Hin isnt!!

I think they purposely dropped a few games last season as being promoted would have required expensive stadium upgrades etc and they dont have fancy real estate sponsors !! :wink:

Anyway, they're top at the moment but it seems there are only 6 games remaining ...

18 Aug
CHUMPHON Vs PRACHUAP 17:00
23 Aug
PRACHUAP Vs HAT YAI 17:30
30 Aug
PATTALUNG Vs PRACHUAP 18:00
7 Sep
PRACHUAP Vs SATUN 17:30
14 Sep
TRANG Vs PRACHUAP 18:00
20 Sep
PRACHUAP Vs NARA UTD 16:00
table.jpg
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

buksida wrote:being promoted would have required expensive stadium upgrades etc and they dont have fancy real estate sponsors !! :wink:
I thought the stadium was quite good down there. I was at a Premiership ground 3 weeks ago, and I can't see what they had that Hua Hin or Prachuab don't have.

Anyway, good to see them doing well - a derby could be on the cards. :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

Went to see the away game this weekend at Chumphon, things are a little livelier in the away stand where the hardcore supporters go - we were right amongst it with the drummers and vuvuzelas. Entrance was 40 baht and the kids went free, the match was very tight and ended up a 0-0 draw.
DSC_1310.jpg
DSC_1313.jpg
DSC_1323.jpg
DSC_1342.jpg
DSC_1345.jpg
DSC_1347.jpg
DSC_1350.jpg
DSC_1357.jpg
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, that drummer does a turn at the Hua Hin home games as well.

Points 48; Position 18