3 months in Ao Manao - PrachuapKhiri Khan need accomodation

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
Vince & Lin
Rookie
Rookie

Re: 3 months in Ao Manao - PrachuapKhiri Khan need accomodat

Post by Vince & Lin »

father wrote:Well, I've been in Prachuap since Dec. 4th now. Had a side trip to Phuket (won't return). Loving it here. Only thing lacking is quality golf. The Air Force course is cheap enough but the conditions are very poor.
What accommodations have you found? We are planning on checking the area out in the next couple of months for a possible long stay (one year) arrangement.
daddee
Rookie
Rookie

Post by daddee »

I am interested in your experience with accoms there too, arriving Thailand Feb 26th, plan to settle in for at least a month or two in Hua Hin area... also hoping to take up golf again, don't care if the course is rundown...

:)
father
Amateur
Amateur

Post by father »

Have found that there is a lot of reasonably priced accommodation. So many different levels of quality. Also, location wise. Suggest you book a hotel online for a couple days first. Spend those days looking around for longer term units. I'm staying at the O-Bay Design Hotel in downtown Prachuap. Prachuap is very quiet (for rooms) Sunday to Thursday. Bangkonians arrive Friday evenings and leave Sunday.
You'll want to rent a scooter or bicycles for sure as taxi's are few and far between. Have a look at Klong Wan also. Just south of the Air Force base. You can find a nice place to stay for 5-9,000 baht a month (including power/wayer/wifi)
I will be having a good look around over my last couple weeks to book for next year. Haven't looked seriously for next year as I've been very happy with O-Bay. It is just pricey by Prachuap standards. Will post more info after my serious look around.
Love the area - just too bad about the golf. I go to the driving range here and then do my golfing out of Hua Hin (expensive).
Gérard
Professional
Professional

Post by Gérard »

I have been living in Prachuap Khirikan for one year and a half, renting a furnished house for 6000 baths/month (simple house, 2 bedrooms, 1 aircon, about 90 M²).
Very quiet city, no traffic jams, few people coming from BKK at weekends, good restaurants, very nice bay and clean beach in the Airforce Base (Ao Manao).
Just one LOTUS and HomePro.
I am quite happy here.
Gus
Guru
Guru

Post by Gus »

I check in at Wing 5 on the airfield tomorrow for 3 nights, a sea view room is 1600 less 10% discount for a midweek stay.
I will post more about my stay at the end of the week when I return to HH.