anyone live in sam roi yod/dolphin bay

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

anyone live in sam roi yod/dolphin bay

Post by jingjoe »

I stopped at this little gem a week or so ago.Nice drive passing through the mountain range passing wild monkeys on the road and ending up on a nice beach with views out to a handful of islands.
Theres a free nine hole golf course there,and a few resorts scattered along the beach.
I'm quite interested on a long term stay there,maybe even purchasing a small property,anyone have any thoughts on the gated villages/resorts around town, i see there are a few newish looking developments there such as" the beach village".
thanks
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: anyone live in sam roi yod/dolphin bay

Post by STEVE G »

I considered it in the past for buying a small plot of land to put a weekend chalet on but asking around, I found the land prices to be way too high for that sort of thing. I've been visiting Dolphin Bay for years and it hasn't really changed much which is nice and it is a peaceful spot.
This year I've moved out to the west of Hua Hin which gives me easy access to the bypass and last thursday I managed to get from the far end of Dolphin Bay near the golf course to my home in an easy 45 minute drive which doesn't really make it worth the trouble of me having a property there as I can just visit for the day.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I stayed there a few years back and loved the area. So, as you do, looked around. Came across a very, very nice 2-bed place - both masters and a half - with a lovely pool, about 100 yards up a small soi from the beach, I vaguely recollect it was on the market for 22m.
Talk is cheap
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

it has a very laid back easy feel about it,and only 30 min drive to hua hin,does any one know if there is an expat community down there,or is it more of a holiday destination spot.
ItsmeSusan
Amateur
Amateur

Post by ItsmeSusan »

I have been there in a small resort last month for four weeks. From that place it needs 45 min to Hua Hin. Sam Roi Yod is a nice place for relaxing with beautiful nature.
I met some very friendly Swiss and Germans, there are living a lot of falangs in that area, they told me.

For me, Sam Roi Yod seems a little bit boring, it`s a nice place for some weeks or month. I guess, most falangs are there, because there looking for a quiet life without meeting people.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

.....I vaguely recollect it was on the market for 22m.
Yes, that was my experience, it's very expensive. I saw a rai of land for sale there last week for 17m bt and seeing as the plot we built on in Hua Hin was less than a million, I'll put up with driving there for the day and having the advantage of being near to the expat community in town for the evenings.
traveller2
Professional
Professional

Post by traveller2 »

My wife and I like the Sam roi yot/dolphin bay area very much and have visited overtime we are in Thailand. But I must agree with Steve G, the prices are a bit steep, so we are now buying south west of Hua Hin and will travel down there when we want to visit that area. It is an easy journey for us.

T2
wysiwyg (what you see is what you get)
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

Why are the prices so high? its still quite under developed is it earmarked for future growth.If you go 400metres back from the beach they are selling 1 and 2 bed apartments in certain resorts from 2million up seems a reasonable price if you don't mind a short walk to beach
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Heard a rumour about that 'Carribou' guy has bought a major lump of land at Phu-Noi Beach for a resort including a stage-area for music events (bit to far from Bangers for a music-bash)..& a (yawn) golf course..??
chango
Novice
Novice

Post by chango »

Since a few years we are the proud an happy owners of a small unit in The Beach Village (new part - back area). I can confirm the area and the project are great!! Forget The Beach Village block A/B/C, which has a different management. The other blocks are really worth having a good look. My wife and I will be there again from Dec 15th and will be quite happy to show you around if you like. Or call Martin at the website the beach village and go and have a look right now.
Good luck!
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

thanks chango,looks like a nice project,how long do you stay in the area for?Is there plenty to do in the area to keep you entertained.Some people have commented on the fact its a long way from hua hin and people after awhile feel isolated
chango
Novice
Novice

Post by chango »

Sometimes we only stay a few weeks, sometimes up to 3 months. Hope to stay for longer periods in the near future. For us, the area is lively enough. Especially during the high season and most weekends. However, Pranburi, Pak Nam Pran and Hua Hin aren't that far away anyway. On our litle motorbike it takes less than half an hour to Pranburi (Tesco) or Pak Nam Pran and less than an hour to downtown Hua Hin. We usually do that several times a week. There's also a convenient regular shuttle bus to Pranburi and Hua Hin, at least from Nov-March. And lots of nice daytrips are to be made in and around Sam Roi Yot national park. Dont expect spectacular nightlife, though, especially during low season. Still, even then just enough little restaurant and bars are open.
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

anyone have any experience with the apartments across the road from the beach village,its called talay tara,looks a similar type of project as the beach village,bigger pools,and i think the apartments look nicer inside,but the beach village has nicer clubhouse/grassy area
dennism53
Amateur
Amateur

Post by dennism53 »

I see that this post is about three years old and thought I would start it up again since I just purchased a house about 400 meters from Dolphin beach in a development of about 10, 1 Rai plots all walled individually. I am pretty happy about my decision on retirement and plan on relocating from the states in mid-summer +/-. Not really having specific questions but since the area now has importance to me I'm interested in learning more about the area. Any local expat groups meet? Any butchers in the general area for getting some steaks cut and in the freezer? Just anything you might think a new to the area farang might be interested in. My wife is from BuriRam and I have spent a lot of time in Krabi area. Looking forward to starting Phase II of my life and meeting new friends.
When the going gets weird the weird turn pro! HST
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

There is one of our Forum sponsors Hua Hin Ham & Bacon. Maybe if the order was large enough, he would deliver :idea:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18