Where to eat in khao Tao

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
Maccapacca
Novice
Novice

Where to eat in khao Tao

Post by Maccapacca »

Can anyone recommend places to eat in Khao Tao area.
Having stayed in various areas of Hua Hin on holidays over the past 7 years we have decided to get away from the hussle and bustle of the city.
I'm staying in Khao Tao in a villa there in August with my 4 kids who although love their Thai food will be seeking to eat the odd Italian dish or steak. Any info appreciated.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: Where to eat in khao Tao

Post by STEVE G »

For some good Thai street food, in Khao Tao village overlooking the fishing lake there is an excellent small local restaurant that has an open fronted shack for a kitchen and about four salas on the pavement for customers. We've been using it for years and have never had a bad meal there and I particularly like the Tom Yum Pla. It's on the opposite side of the road to the small Royal pavillion on the lakeside.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Maccapacca wrote:I'm staying in Khao Tao in a villa there in August with my 4 kids who although love their Thai food will be seeking to eat the odd Italian dish or steak. Any info appreciated.
I have just the place for you. (Well, I don't personally, have it, but you know what I mean...)
Baan Tao Restaurant.
It's on the right about 200 metres past the railway crossing, opposite a pub/bar/karaoke place.
They have a wide range of Thai and European food. The Thai food is better, but there are plenty of burger/fish/chips/steak dishes to keep the kids happy. Milkshakes too. Not expensive - probably 80-100 baht per Euro-style dish on average, cheaper for Thai food.
As long as your expectations are not ridiculously high, you should be very happy with the place.
This is the way
Maccapacca
Novice
Novice

Post by Maccapacca »

Thanks for the info. Good to know there is somewhere close by as it makes it a little easier to feed us all and not have to clean up kitchen afterwards. We'll eat out for breakfast and lunch if there are enough places to get a bit of variety.