Songthaew termination point in Takiab

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
duan

Post by duan »

I would like to walk on the beach south of Takiab as a change to the Hua Hin-Takiab beach. Could some kind person please let me know where the Songthaew from Hua Hin terminates in Takiab and give me walking directions and approximate walking time from that point to the beach south of Takiab?
Many thanks.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Songthaew termination point in Takiab

Post by hhfarang »

The Songthaew terminates (I think Lomu will give you the best answer) at the triangle where the Takiab road goes either to monkey mountain or around the mountain to the other side. If so, when you exit you would take the west road heading south and then turn down the first real soi towards the ocean (maybe about 1.5 kilometers???), then a little less than a kilometer to the beach. I've never done it but I would guess it would be a 20 to 30 minute walk depending on your walking speed.

...or you can probably pay the Songthaew driver another ten or fifteen baht to take you all the way but you may have to walk back.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

hhfarang's correct. I'd also reckon on a 20 min walk to get to the southern side of Monkey Mountain.
The terminus is as described by the Supatra Hotel.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Its really not far at all, just turn left just after the tallest white condo and you will find the beach.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

hhfarang wrote:...or you can probably pay the Songthaew driver another ten or fifteen baht to take you all the way but you may have to walk back.
I think 10-15 Baht is a bit optomistic. I would think 50 to 100 is more likely. Certainly, I've seen them charge a large supplement to take people up the mountain.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I think 10-15 Baht is a bit optomistic. I would think 50 to 100 is more likely. Certainly, I've seen them charge a large supplement to take people up the mountain.
You're right Big Boy, I was thinking 10 baht all the way from the center of Hua Hin to Takiab, maybe double that for an extra 2 kilometers, but coming from the center of Hua Hin to the terminus in Takiab they may pick up 30 or 40 customers for shorter trips; that's 300 to 400 baht so the extra two kilos (plus they probably will have to come back two kilometers empty) for only one or two passengers may indeed cost 50 to 100 baht... or more, depending on your haggling skills. :cheers:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Shame.......when I saw this thread in the list I was hoping for something more final for the drivers and their machines other than where they stop.

Oh well........
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
duan

Post by duan »

Many thanks for the clear directions.
Am I correct in assuming that there are places to buy water near the terminus and on the beach south of Takiab?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

There's a little shop at the terminus where you can buy water.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20