Forbes: Pranburi has one of Asia's best beaches

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
buksida

Forbes: Pranburi has one of Asia's best beaches

Post by buksida »

Just a 30-kilometer drive from Hua Hin, the Thai king's vacation spot, is a beach called Pranburi, according to Kijkanakorn, who runs two hotels in Thailand and is managing director of Akaryn Hospitality Management Services.

"It's beautiful, it's wide, it's long and there's a beautiful fishing village nearby. You have little boats that you can go on and go squid fishing if you want, at 1 or 2 in the morning, and come back at 3 or 4. It's only for the adventurous souls," she says. "It's the best beach for windsurfing. Good wind direction, not a lot of people, no coral underneath, no rocks to hurt yourself."
Full Article: http://www.forbes.com/2010/06/26/best-b ... aches.html

Are they talking about the same Pranburi? Not surprising that their source of info for the area is a woman that owns a hotel there, Aleenta I believe.

Forbes ... :tsk: disappointing journalism ....
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Re: Forbes: Pranburi has one of Asia's best beaches

Post by Spitfire »

Yeah, even if it was true, then the quickest way to ruin it would be to give it an award like that.

As you say, slight confict of interests there perhaps. :roll:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: Forbes: Pranburi has one of Asia's best beaches

Post by STEVE G »

I go down that way most days I'm in Hua Hin and I really like it down there, but I can't imagine it would rate as one of the best beaches in the region.
As spitfire says above, I wish people would keep these places a secret!