Khao Takiab, Taxi and accomodation info required

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
Gus
Guru
Guru

Khao Takiab, Taxi and accomodation info required

Post by Gus »

For those BMs who read my TRs you will know that this year I stayed at El Murphys for a week, then headed south to Koh Tao and then returned for a week to Join One guesthouse.
For November I am thinking of having a week in town, staying either Murphys, Jings or Join 1, then going to Khao Takiab for a week before returning to town again.

I have to admit that in all the times I have stayed in HH I have never been to Takiab.
What price do the Taxis charge from The Hilton to the centre of Takiab during normal hours?
Are there any guesthouses in Takiab similar to Murphys, Jings, Join 1 in the 600-800 price range with Air Con?
TIA I may post a later question on the secure forum :D
buksida

Post by buksida »

Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Gus
Guru
Guru

Post by Gus »

buksida
many thanks, that looks like the sort of guesthouse that I want, how much will the Taxis charge say from there to the Hilton?
TIA Gus
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

They'll try and charge 200b, if you use one regularly probably 150b.

Songthaews run in the day for 10b.
Gus
Guru
Guru

Re: Khao Takiab, Taxi and accomodation info required

Post by Gus »

I will probably come over for just over 3 weeks, but not until November, a couple of days in Bangkok, then a week in town, a week in KT and then a week back in town again. Of course TIT and things can change, as we all know.
When I am in Thailand I try to stay somewhere central yet quiet, it is good to be able to walk most places without getting involved with the taxi mafias.
Motor bike taxis and hiring a bike are not for me, but for ex-pats having a Honda wave or Fino is a must.