Pranburi

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
bigchang
Novice
Novice

Pranburi

Post by bigchang »

Hey.

Me and my family is going to Hua Hin/Pranburi i the end of june and we vould like to ask if any people in here have some tips of what to do in Pranburi?

We have rented a house at Pranburi Beach but we dont know so much about the place.
So i want tips like what beachs is best, restaurants, shopping, activitis, places to see or wisit, nightlife (not a lot i think :? )

And in another post it was somthing about jellyfish, is it a problem with that on all the beachs?

best regards

Bigchang.
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Hi bigchang

Glad to read you're coming to our part of the world!!
There isn't actually a beach at Pranburi, so I guess that means you're coming to Paknampran.

Beaches:
A good beach nearby and where there aren't so many jellyfish is Kao Kalok, which is a really a small bay.
It can be a bit crowded and noisy at weekends (especially long weekends) though.
The beach down at Dolphin Bay is also very nice and usually quiet.

Restaurants:
Our favourite (seafood) restaurant is OX - on the beach in Paknampran - very high quality seafood at a reasonable price (you can also take your own wine with you at no extra cost).
There are also some nice beach restaurants on the stretch between Paknampran and Kao Kalok.

Shopping:
There are evening markets on 2 evenings a week each at 2 separate locations in Pranburi town - not aimed at tourists, you'll hardly see one there.
Good for buying clothes and various household items - much cheaper than Hua Hin.
For buying food items, there's a Thai food market in Pranburi and a separate covered fresh food market too.
Also 2 supermarkets - Tesco Lotus and Makro (cash & carry for larger purchases but they also have a good range of European foods and meats)

Nightlife:
None really - but it is fun to have a few drinks at Mr. Singh's Beach Bar very close to the Evason just outside Paknampran - Mr. Singh is a real character around here.

Places to see:
The Kao Sam Roi Yod National Marine Park is well worth a visit for the flora and fauna as well as walking up to the top to the famous roofless cave there.
The Mangrove Visitor Centre in Paknampran is also well worth a look.

Activities:
There's a kite-surfing school, as well as jet skis and quad bikes for hire.
If you're interested in boat tours, you can call round to us for a chat or phone us and we'll be delighted to organise something for you on one of our trips.

If you need any more specific information, just ask
:)
charlesh
Ace
Ace

Post by charlesh »

There's a nice view on the hill with the small Chinese temple just Nth (10 min drive) of Paknampran and also another ecological mangrove (ex shrimp farm) site re-afforested from 12 years back and dedicated to HRH the King definitely worth a look.
Pranburi has the Thannarat military golf course and a PX.
You can also drive to the Pranburi water reservoir.
Make sure you get to Ao Manao some 70km's Sth!!
Pranburi has a great and reasonably priced traditional massage place on the main road.
Night life - forget it! Stay at the beach.
Enjoy your stay
Francois
Professional
Professional

Post by Francois »

barrys wrote: Restaurants:
Our favourite (seafood) restaurant is OX - on the beach in Paknampran - very high quality seafood at a reasonable price (you can also take your own wine with you at no extra cost).
There are also some nice beach restaurants on the stretch between Paknampran and Kao Kalok.
Hi Barry,

Could you tell me more about this restaurant ? Is it the one that is north of Pak Nam Pran ? (Coming from Pran Buri, roundabout left, pass the big temple, up to north dead end ?)
barrys wrote: Shopping:
There are evening markets on 2 evenings a week each at 2 separate locations in Pranburi town - not aimed at tourists, you'll hardly see one there.
Good for buying clothes and various household items - much cheaper than Hua Hin.
Could you give me more details please ? Day of the week and location ?

Merci d'avance :-)

François
François
And me, still the most self satisfied of men
I was almost as drunk as myself
(Jacques Brel)
Earth
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Earth »

Hi, I am not Barry, however i could remember about PakNamPran.

OX is right, you said north of Pak Nam Pran (Coming from Pran Buri, roundabout left, pass the big temple then make the right turn to the beach. (You can choose any right turn as it is leading you the beach anyway). Then drive to the left but not dead end yet.

There are many restaurant there, Thai typical one is KruaJaw, UdomPochana and OX for seafood. The way you make a right turn opposite from temple and make a left turn when you see the beach infront of you--you will pass all accordingly.

However, there is one newest settle there a year ago pub, restaurant and hotel name "The Beach House" If you are looking for a "little" nightlife--just make a right turn to the beach road (soi Phasukvanit 16) (the one that you came from the temple right hand side). When you see beach in front of you then turn right about 2-300 mtr right hand side of course. And if you drive further you will find Evasons and many more chill out there. Also if you drive further from Evansons to the south another thai seafood restaurant name "TonTo" is good taste too.

Wish you enjoy them all : )
Francois
Professional
Professional

Post by Francois »

Earth wrote:Wish you enjoy them all : )
Thanks Earth
François
And me, still the most self satisfied of men
I was almost as drunk as myself
(Jacques Brel)
PeteC

Re: Pranburi

Post by PeteC »

A recently published travel article about Pranburi. Giving the link only as many photos and maps. Pete :cheers:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/travel/trave ... xt-hua-hin
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source