The Gamers Corner

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Bioshocks out on 360 Buks, sounds like he's got it on that.
buksida

Post by buksida »

The 360 is looking more appealing everyday - and I can use the excuse of buying it for my sons birthday so mrs buksi doesnt freak ... he'll be 3 on monday!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Would be worth reading this then Buks.

http://www.tech.co.uk/home-entertainmen ... 1117233019
buksida

Post by buksida »

I'll look out for that though I imagine the ones in Thailand are the old models, they're usually at least six months behind the rest of the world when it comes to latest hardware.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
buksida

Re: The PC gamers thread

Post by buksida »

A long long long shot but reviving this ancient topic to ask if anyone is playing 'Elite: Dangerous' in Thailand yet?

Will be getting it in the next couple of weeks: http://www.elitedangerous.com/

Have fond memories 25 years ago of flying over to Reidquat in an upgraded Asp and blasting the hell out of everything that moves!
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: The Gamers Corner

Post by migrant »

It is an old topic! What happened to BaaBaa? sorry off topic
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: The PC gamers thread

Post by GLCQuantum »

buksida wrote:A long long long shot but reviving this ancient topic to ask if anyone is playing 'Elite: Dangerous' in Thailand yet?

Will be getting it in the next couple of weeks: http://www.elitedangerous.com/

Have fond memories 25 years ago of flying over to Reidquat in an upgraded Asp and blasting the hell out of everything that moves!
I just watched the trailer for the game and it looked bloody awesome. I then saw another trailer for it, using the original trailer mixed with ACTUAL game footage. Watch this... the subtitles had me laughing mid way through. :-)

Mods... forgotten how to make the video work. Please assist.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Ha, yeah quite amusing - reckon they had a bit of 'artistic license' with that trailer!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Buying a new laptop

Post by Dannie Boy »

I also still play solitaire - most of these games help to keep your brain active!
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:23 am I also still play solitaire - most of these games help to keep your brain active!
I too play solitaire but it isn't much a brain challenge. Chess, Go & learning a language would be a brain challenge as would trying to understand and navigate Thai immigration rules.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

handdrummer wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:07 am
Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:23 am I also still play solitaire - most of these games help to keep your brain active!
I too play solitaire but it isn't much a brain challenge. Chess, Go & learning a language would be a brain challenge as would trying to understand and navigate Thai immigration rules.
Well of course it depends on whether you just click the button, or try harder to outwit the programmer - using your memory and predicting skills, although of course there are other “games” that are more challenging!! Anyway :offtopic:
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:47 am
Well of course it depends on whether you just click the button, or try harder to outwit the programmer - using your memory and predicting skills, although of course there are other “games” that are more challenging!! Anyway :offtopic:
I don't understand what you mean by, "outwit the programmer."
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

handdrummer wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:40 am

Maybe the mods can move this to a separate thread, but who developed the games in the first place - programmers!!
buksida

Post by buksida »

I've moved the gaming chat to our redundant gamers thread - hopefully it'll get some action but we'd have to move on from the likes of Windows solitaire and minesweeper!
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:45 am
handdrummer wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:40 am

Maybe the mods can move this to a separate thread, but who developed the games in the first place - programmers!!
I realize that programmers developed the games. I don't understand how one can outwit the programmers when playing solitaire or why one would want to. For what purpose. Maybe it's because I don't understand the digital universe. I miss my steam-driven computer and wind-up telephone.

In a separate but equal question; since the advent of the digital age, how many battery operated devices do you own?