HD PRIME TV

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
PET
Legend
Legend

HD PRIME TV

Post by PET »

I have used this service after the closing of EXPAT TV and it has been OK. This week the service has been terrible whether watching Sky Sports, Sky News and in particular the Cricket Ashes game on BT1 - the latter has the screen frozen about each 2/3 minutes. Some other stations cannot connect. I have Fibre Optic and good speeds and so I wonder if anyone else is having these problems. I have sent emails to the 'owner' but no response which is always a bad sign.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: HD PRIME TV

Post by Pagey »

I use it but the only programmes I usually watch live is the EPL football which is near perfect, very rarely any buffering or freezing. However, when a match is on Sky Sports and Bein I usually watch Bein as it is perfect whereas Sky sometimes freezes or buffers a bit.
Try the speed test when you are on Sky sports as the server may need changing to Europe.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

I too use Bein for Football live - excellent. The problem is what I posted. I changed servers every 2/4 mins today watching the Ashes live. Yes every few minutes so hundreds of times from Asia through to Thai C and no fun.What really concerns me is the total lack of response from the owners/controllers. do they care?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I used to use HD Prime but always had issues buffering. The other streaming sites I used never had it to the same degree. I contacted them and the return answers were very quick so the fact they are not answering would worry me. In the end we couldn't prevent the buffering so I cancelled.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I've use HDPrime since it was launched and have been quite happy with it...... until this week. As Pet has said, some of the TV channels have been unavailable and when they are, they have buffering and 'freezing' problems. Movies and Series appear to work okay. I'd planned to email him tomorrow on the assumption that the problems have been over the Christmas holiday and maybe, just maybe, it's running on autopilot and there isn't anyone to monitor it. Let's see.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

migrant wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:18 pm I used to use HD Prime but always had issues buffering. The other streaming sites I used never had it to the same degree. I contacted them and the return answers were very quick so the fact they are not answering would worry me. In the end we couldn't prevent the buffering so I cancelled.
May I ask what you use now and I presume it is much better?
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

PET wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:19 pm
migrant wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:18 pm I used to use HD Prime but always had issues buffering. The other streaming sites I used never had it to the same degree. I contacted them and the return answers were very quick so the fact they are not answering would worry me. In the end we couldn't prevent the buffering so I cancelled.
May I ask what you use now and I presume it is much better?
Nothing. I liked Thai Expat but have never watched a lot of TV. After they died I tried HD, left them and have not looked for another, can't say I miss it much.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I became very frustrated with HDPrime as well, and didn't renew. I now have the True Family Sports package with a couple of small add-ons to get my sport. I get my fix of English soaps :oops: through download the next day. I supplement everything with a live feed of every Plymouth Argyle match via the ifollow app, which is a little expensive, but worth every penny.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Up until the last few days, I've been very happy with HDPrime. Hundreds of channels, movies and a huge amount of 'box sets' which are updated regularly to show the latest episodes. I tend to watch 'catch-up' mostly as the good progs are in the middle of the night here. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they sort out the current problems and get back to the way it was. I'll give them a week.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Just logged on to HD Prime and there is a message saying something on the lines they are having server problems and will disable less popular channels until they sort it out after the New Year. I had to log on and off a couple of times to read it as it's not on screen for long.
Not had any problems with live footy myself on 26th and yesterday am watched Arsenal v Palace on catchup on Sky Sports then some kids stuff on Ch 5 catchup in the afternoon for my son plus a bit more on catchup in the evening.

Man in pub circa 1987.
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

More problems today.
It was working Ok yesterday and I paid via Truemoney for 2 more months only to find today that the whole format has changed.
8o% of channels no longer there eg Sky Sports etc etc but as usual with this company no email to subscribers with an explanation - not even on the web page.
Anybody know anything about this?
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Must have been a blip as I just tried it and all sports channels are there, I opened Sky football and Wolves v Leeds is showing now.

Man in pub circa 1987.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

They have just had a major revamp of the TV section. Programs are now recorded in Europe for the catch-up. They've bought a new server in Europe for the sole purpose of catch-up. This only happened in the last couple of days. I had an email from them outlining their intentions. The format is different but all the channels are there and it appears that catch-up is available on all channels including the movie channels.
Catch-up was a major sticking point. However, I've watched several catch-up progs this morning without a hiccup. It might need a couple of days to settle down but for the first time since Xmas I'm reasonably happy as long as it remains stable.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

HHT That's great news - it is just a pity that they could not send the email to all subscribers telling them what they told you - it used to be called service!
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Well just checked and mine is not what HHt and Pagey say.
Went to TV and then POPULAR where there were 3 sky programs and BBc news , then went to Sport and there were BEIN programs and Golf Channel ( Asia) ( Thai ) and then to News and only BBC with the rest all Thai stations.

Like Musungu over 90% programs missing