Spotify launches in Thailand

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
buksida

Post by buksida »

While talk of Spotify’s apparent upcoming IPO continues in the U.S., the music streaming service is furthering its coverage of Asia after it launched its service in Thailand.

Spotify Premium, which counts over 60 million paying users, will cost 129 THB in Thailand. That’s just over $4 and in line with its pricing across Asia. Customers in the U.S. and UK will be aware that it is substantially cheaper than what they pay, but Spotify has opted for local pricing worldwide.

Interestingly, Spotify will introduce daily and weekly packages to boost its potential in Thailand, where revenue from online music has actually declined by over 20 percent since 2012, Spotify Asia head Sunita Kaur told media at a press conference

The launch — which we reported was on the cards back in May — takes Spotify to 61 markets worldwide, and it is emblematic of the company’s recent focus on expanding its business in Asia.

Source: https://techcrunch.com/2017/08/21/spoti ... nd-launch/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Spotify launches in Thailand

Post by migrant »

They also offered a free version in the states, just had to put up with some commercials. Wonder about here? It worked pretty good.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Spotify launches in Thailand

Post by kendo »

I use the free version in the UK yes you get adverts and less functionality but its really good.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

kendo wrote:I use the free version in the UK yes you get adverts and less functionality but its really good.
I use the Spotify Premium here simply because the basic free version only works for 2 weeks outside the U.K. But Premium costs about £120 a year, so the Thai version will be a lot cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk