True Visions Footbal Package

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
fft100
Professional
Professional

True Visions Footbal Package

Post by fft100 »

Looking at the true website, it appears you can get a Premier League football package for 299 baht a month. Does anyone have any experience of this ? Do you also have to buy a main package (say family) and then pay the 299 baht extra ? Is it all HD ?

I have experience of True staff in the shops here and quite often they don't know what there own company is doing, so knowing someone already has experience of the offer would be handy when talking to them.
Big Boy

Re: True Visions Footbal Package

Post by Big Boy »

I've sent a couple of Thais down to True to ask this afternoon. They've come back with the answer the cheapest option is 590 Baht.

Did you get a different answer?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

When I first went into True in Korat and asked about their programmes, expecting them to have some sort of knowledge, or at least a brochure, they asked me to check on the internet.

The price for the premiership is fair as you get pretty much every live game to choose from, which you don't get in the UK, which also costs more.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've actually been studying the 'Thai' brochure they sent home, and despite what they told my man, it clearly states that I can add on Premiership football for 299 Baht.

This is why I won't go into that shop anymore - I agree with fft100. They don't know what they are selling.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, I had a few minutes spare yesterday, so I put my calm head on and visited True. Surprisingly, I remained calm(ish) throughout my 45 minute ordeal.

Preamble

I currently subscribe to the Happy HD package on 2 boxes, which costs 299 Baht for box 1, and 155 Baht for box 2 (channels 1 to 36). This gives Mrs BB the basic Thai TV package in both the living room, and our bedroom. She is very happy with the service.

Discussion

Me - I needed to ensure that Mrs BB would not lose her TV. I pointed to the Sports Family channel listing, and asked if it meant my wife would retain her current service.

True - No, it would not be included.

Me - Why does it say 1 - 36, with some Thai writing at the start of the Sports Family channel listing?

True - It doesn't say that.

....................... we went around that buoy for several minutes ........ eventually

True - You have old listing, and prints me new listing (the listing I had been using was printed by one of her colleagues about 14 hours earlier).

Me - OK, why does it say 1 - 36, with some Thai writing at the start of the new Sports Family channel listing?

True - It's included. :cheers:

Moving on..........

Me - I want 1 x Happy HD for bedroom, and 1 x Sports HD for living room @ 889 Baht/month.

True - Can't.

Me - Why?

True - Have to have 2 x Sports Family @ 1028 Baht/month.

Me - I don't want that, I don't need sport in the bedroom :shock: . I need 1 x Happy HD for bedroom, and 1 x Sports HD for living room.

True - Can't.

Me - Why?

True - Need 2 separate satellite receivers and 2 boxes.

Me - OK, how much?

True - 1000 Baht each.

Me - I have 1 satellite and 2 boxes, so I won't need to buy everything.

True - Can't.

Me - Why?

True - Can't, followed by ignoring me for several minutes staring at her screen, hoping I would go away.

Me - (Repeatedly) Why?

True - Can't

Me - Why?

True - Have to pay for second box, and can't subscribe to 2 packages.

Me - (circling the relevant parts on their satellite service menu). These are the items you sell, correct?

True - Yes.

Me - I want to buy one of these, and one of these (pointing to the circled Happy HD and Sports HD entries).

True - Can't.

Me - Why?

True - Can't, followed by ignoring me for several minutes staring at her screen, hoping I would go away.

Me - (Repeatedly) Why?

Me - If I sit here, and my wife sits with another assistant. Could I buy one, and she buy another?

True - Can't.

Me - Why?

True - Need another dish (I actually thought it was determined by the card in the decoder box, but I played along).

Me - OK, so I need to buy another dish @ 1000 Baht?

True - No, need 2 dishes, and 2 boxes at 2000 Baht.

Me - Why? I already have 1 dish and 2 boxes.

True - Stares at computer screen, totally dumbfounded (probably face lost in front of her colleagues).

True - Can't change today. You need to come back on 31 Aug (I'll bet that's her next day off).

I'm actually quite proud of myself keeping my cool, but honestly don't know why I agreed to go back on 31 Aug. I should have sorted it there and then.

I sometimes think I'm harsh with True Customer Service Assistants, and rarely cross their threshold to avoid conflict. However, this time it was important to me, and I wanted to find out the facts. It basically proved to me that my feelings are justified.

In answer to the OP, yes it is available at 299 Baht, but as an add on to another package. 590 Baht is the cheapest you can do it for.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:36 pm True - Can't change today. You need to come back on 31 Aug (I'll bet that's her next day off).
Well, I was almost right. Mrs BB and I went back today as requested, and the girl had phoned in sick :laugh:

That suited me fine - I might get somebody sensible to talk to.

OMG, what a transformation. Today's girl knew her product, and how to sell it. No need for additional satellite dishes or decoder boxes. Most importantly, she only wanted to charge me for the service I would receive, and did not want the shirt off my back.

Just one minor disagreement today. Because I have 2 boxes she insisted I get the card that needed updating. I said she could remotely update one, and if it was the wrong one, I'd switch them. She wasn't having any of it, and when Mrs BB took her side, I knew I was onto a loser.

A quick trip home to fetch the card, and it was all done a few minutes later.

I've now got the enhanced package, and most of it works. A few channels come up that I'm not subscribed to that package, but I'm sure they'll soon sort that.

My TVs now have a purpose again :D

Points 41; Position 18