Nice to see you, to see you nice! Bruce Forsyth dead

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Nice to see you, to see you nice! Bruce Forsyth dead

Post by sateeb »

Sir Bruce Forsyth, the veteran entertainer and presenter of many successful TV shows, has died aged 89.
The former Strictly Come Dancing host had been unwell for some time and was in hospital earlier this year after a severe chest infection.
His long career in showbusiness began when he was aged just 14
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Nice to see you, to see you nice! Bruce Forsyth dead

Post by Dannie Boy »

sateeb wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:25 am

Sir Bruce Forsyth, the veteran entertainer and presenter of many successful TV shows, has died aged 89.
The former Strictly Come Dancing host had been unwell for some time and was in hospital earlier this year after a severe chest infection.
His long career in showbusiness began when he was aged just 14
I'm old enough to remember him from when he hosted Sunday Night at the London Paladium but for me his best days were hosting the Generation Game - real family entertainment. One from the old school, but a talented entertainer, the likes of which we will unlikely see again. RIP Brucie- "didn't he do well"
pharvey

Re: Nice to see you, to see you nice! Bruce Forsyth dead

Post by pharvey »

Certainly had a career and a half - I must admit I also enjoyed The Generation Game many moons ago. R.I.P. "Brucie".
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.