Greg Allman dead 69 years old

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Greg Allman dead 69 years old

Post by bsdk1960 »

Greg Allman from Allman Brothers dead from liver cancer 69 years old.
Rip broter love your music

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/27/enter ... -obituary/

:cheers: :cheers:
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Greg Allman dead 69 years old

Post by migrant »

Always liked his music. When I moved to California to become a resident for university purposes I worked the year moving pianos. Moved one for him and Cher (together at the time). They came out and were very nice, and decent tippers!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Greg Allman dead 69 years old

Post by Homer »

As much as I liked the tracks that got airplay in So California in the early 70s, my favorites are their bluseier 2nd and 3rd albums, Idlewild South and At Fillmore East.

If y'all are curious to hear what Allman Bros influenced southern rock sounds like today, check out Tedeschi Trucks Band. Derek Trucks grew up in a house where the only music played was blues. Accordingly, he was named after Derek and the Dominos. He's the nephew of Butch Trucks, the Allman's original drummer. At age 9, he was routinely invited onstage for a song or two by headlining blues artists passing through town. At 13, Derek played professionally in a touring band. At 14 he got his first studio work on an album, not because of family connections, but he was just that good.