Sir Roger Moore dead at 89

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Sir Roger Moore dead at 89

Post by Nereus »

James Bond actor Sir Roger Moore dead at 89

https://thewest.com.au/news/world/james ... b88485509z

James Bond actor Sir Roger Moore has died at the age of 89.
The actor, author and UNICEF ambassador passed away in Switzerland “after a short but brave battle with cancer”.
Moore’s children Deborah, Geoffrey and Christian released a statement on behalf of the family.
“It is with a heavy heart that we must announce our loving father, Sir Roger Moore, has passed away,” the statement read.

“The love in which he was surrounded in his final days was so great, it cannot be quantified in words alone.
“We know our own love and admiration will be magnified many times over, across the world, by people who knew him for his films, his television shows and his passionate work for UNICEF which he considered to be his greatest achievement.”

Moore was best known for his role as 007 in the James Bond films Live and Let Die, The Man with the Golden Gun, The Spy who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, Octopussy and A View to Kill.
Before his time as James Bond, Moore also played the role of Simon Templar in television show The Saint between 1962 and 1969.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Re: Sir Roger Moore dead at 89

Post by Frank La Rue »

RIP - I loved all of his Roles, including The TV show with Tony Curtis after The Saint (SImon Templar) and the Sea wolves that leap year when there was no James Bond movie
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
Phyton
Professional
Professional

Post by Phyton »

RIP

I grow up with ST, Die 2, and Moore as Bond, thank you for great Entertainment.
Greets,
Phyton
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

Frank La Rue wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 9:05 pm RIP - I loved all of his Roles, including The TV show with Tony Curtis after The Saint (SImon Templar) and the Sea wolves that leap year when there was no James Bond movie
Now I think I remember the show he did after the Saint with ROny CUrtis - I think it was called "The Persuaders". I was less British obviously than the Saint, but if possible even funnier, a lo tof action and fights, no blod so Mum wuth let a 10 year old watch the show on black and White TV.

There are other old guys on this board from US and UK - am I the only one who remembers that show?
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
Phyton
Professional
Professional

Post by Phyton »

In Germany this series was called "Die 2".

Lord Brett Sinclair and Danny Wilde, Aston Martin versus Ferrari.
Greets,
Phyton
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Frank La Rue wrote:
Frank La Rue wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 9:05 pm RIP - I loved all of his Roles, including The TV show with Tony Curtis after The Saint (SImon Templar) and the Sea wolves that leap year when there was no James Bond movie
Now I think I remember the show he did after the Saint with ROny CUrtis - I think it was called "The Persuaders". I was less British obviously than the Saint, but if possible even funnier, a lo tof action and fights, no blod so Mum wuth let a 10 year old watch the show on black and White TV.

There are other old guys on this board from US and UK - am I the only one who remembers that show?
I'm not admitting to being old, but yes Roger Moore drove an Aston Martin DBS I believe, and Tony Curtis a Ferrari Dino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk