RIP Chuck Berry

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

RIP Chuck Berry

Post by lindosfan1 »

Chuck Berry dies aged 90 at his home 'following an illness'
Chuck Berry, from St. Louis, Missouri, was one of the pioneers of rock and roll
Known for hits including Johnny B. Goode, Maybellene and Roll Over Beethoven
Police confirmed that the musician had died at his home at 1.26pm on Saturday

St. Charles County Police confirmed they responded to a 'medical emergency' at his home near St. Louis, Missouri, at 12.40pm on Saturday.

He was found unresponsive and first responders desperately administered lifesaving techniques.

But the Maybellene, Roll Over Beethoven and Johnny B. Goode singer could not be revived and he was pronounced dead at 1.26pm.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RIP Chuck Berry

Post by margaretcarnes »

It seems that sadly only me and thee remember him Lindosfan!

RIP Chuck Berry
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

i remember Chuck Berry and the first time I heard him, in the mid-fifties, before going to high school, on the radio in the morning. he and Little Richard woke me up, just like ringin' a bell and got me off to school. when I got home I turned on the radio and Charlie Parker said welcome home.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

The rock'n'roller and the wartime heroine

Roger Crutchley

http://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opin ... me-heroine

Last week witnessed two landmarks in the music industry, one sad, the other sort of sentimental but quite uplifting. The death of the great Chuck Berry at the age of 90, who many regarded as the king of rock'n'roll, prompted an unprecedented outflowing of tributes from just about every band you can imagine, led by the Rolling Stones.

Across the pond another singer, Dame Vera Lynn, was celebrating her 100th birthday with the first album ever released by a centurion. The singer, dubbed the "forces sweetheart" during World War II, also had her image projected on the white cliffs of Dover, a tribute to one of her most famous songs.

The music of these two performers couldn't have been more different, but they both made a huge impact in different ways.........................>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As time goes by
One of Vera's memorable achievements was topping the charts back in 2009 at the sprightly age of 92. I recall a letter to The Times from an expat paying tribute to her with:"What a lady, one of the few things of the Britain that I knew, loved and left."
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!