TrueVisions to stop showing HBO, Cinemax

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
buksida

TrueVisions to stop showing HBO, Cinemax

Post by buksida »

Winter may never actually come for “Game of Thrones” fans in Thailand next year after the kingdom’s leading cable provider said it will drop HBO along with five other channels.

On Sunday, TrueVisions will drop six channels, including all of HBO’s channels and Cinemax, due to unspecified business issues, according to a member of the national telecommunications commission.

In a late-night tweet, Supinya Klangnarong of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission wrote Sunday that the top pay-TV operator stood to violate a regulation requiring the commission be notified of such changes 30 days in advance.

“Initially, @TrueVisions said they would like to cancel 6 channels on Jan. 1 because of a business deal and said they would find other channels to replace them,” she tweeted.

Asked which channels, she wrote another messages saying “all HBO & Cinemax,” but would not know for sure until Monday.

Supinya couldn’t be reached for comment on Monday morning. She was in an urgent meeting, according to her assistant.

A TrueVisions representative could not be immediately reached for contact.

In December 2015, TrueVisions’ cancellation of the Food Network invited many online complaints.

Source: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/busi ... ax-sunday/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PeteC

Re: TrueVisions to stop showing HBO, Cinemax

Post by PeteC »

Reply headline: "Population stops using TrueVisions".

They're going broke because of what they're paying for their 4G license. Plus, their Chinese creditors have to be paid back. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
m_right
Guru
Guru

Post by m_right »

What are the alternatives to TrueVisions? I don't need it if they drop those channels.
"Religion is What Keeps the Poor from Murdering the Rich" -- Napoleon Bonaparte
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I wonder if they realize they're creating a domino effect that will eventually cost them more than their HBO costs, I would think. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ ^ TOT has a set top box system that comes in over their fiber optic internet cable. I'm told it's about 500 Baht a month, but no clue at the moment what the channel offering is.

I've also been told today that any other Thai dish operators offering satellite have very limited offerings and they concentrate on Thai language channels. Pete
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

m_right wrote:What are the alternatives to TrueVisions? I don't need it if they drop those channels.
I agree. If they stop the HBO movie channels and they are not replaced with a similar quality package I will also drop them like a hot potato.
More importantly I believe that most of the major hotels will drop them and that is a huge source of revenue.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

There have been several recent complaints posted on the Bangkok Post letters to editor page. The program is utter crap! Repeats over and over, even the program from Australian TV is showing repeats, and I believe that is a free to air program. There has been one program shown where Richard Hammond appears to be about 20 years old!

Their excuse for the repeats is that they show them so that people can watch them at different times!
How many veterinary programs is there? And the same again with repeat after repeat. Some real competition is badly needed. :guns:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Sounds like a typical "who's got the biggest one" to me. Seen it many times.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

"TrueVisions to air Warner TV, Sony Channel, four other new channels next month"....

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/br ... s/30302877

The article doesn't say what the other 4 are. Pete :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Mrs BB currently gets the Basic package. Any idea what Basic package + 1 will give her (not that I have time to watch more TV)?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Big Boy wrote:Mrs BB currently gets the Basic package. Any idea what Basic package + 1 will give her (not that I have time to watch more TV)?
This link will give you the listing of channels by package type:

http://www.truevisions.info/%E0%B8%8A%E ... 3%E0%B8%B9
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you - it's good, as I don't think there's anything on there to interest me, so I won't be tempted.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
MajorBloodnok
Suspended
Suspended

Post by MajorBloodnok »

FOX sues Bangkok Bank as local TV channels go under!

http://asia.nikkei.com/magazine/THE-HUN ... s-go-under
A GRATEFUL GUEST OF THE KINGDOM OF THAILAND & HER PEOPLE
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The plot thickens...or unravels? :shock:

TrueVisions relief plan rejected .......

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/tel ... n-rejected
buksida

Post by buksida »

TrueVisions, customers, NBTC to meet on Jan 10
The broadcasting regulator's consumer protection subcommittee will meet next week to hear opinions and demands of TrueVisions' disgruntled subscribers and consumer advocates after the pay-TV operator cancelled six popular channels on Jan 1.

Supinya Klangnarong, a commissioner of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC), said the subcommittee had also invited representatives of TrueVisions to join the meeting.

TrueVisions stopped airing the six channels -- Cinemax, HBO, HBO Hits HD, HBO Signature, HBO Family and Red by HBO -- at 11pm on Dec 31, an hour earlier than its planned schedule.

It replaced the cancelled content with seven channels: Warner TV, Paramount Channel HD, Celestial Classic Movies, Food Network, Fox Action Movies HD, Sony and True Film HD 2. The cancellation affected about 600,000 subscribers of its Platinum, Gold and some other packages.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... -on-jan-10
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson