George Michael dies...

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
PeteC

George Michael dies...

Post by PeteC »

That's a shocker. :(

Singer George Michael has died aged 53, his publicist has said.
The star, who launched his career with Wham! in the 1980s and later continued his success as a solo performer, is said to have "passed away peacefully at home".
Thames Valley Police said South Central Ambulance Service attended a property in Goring in Oxfordshire at 13:42 GMT.
Police say they were treating the death as unexplained but there were no suspicious circumstances.
In a statement, Michael's publicist said: "It is with great sadness that we can confirm our beloved son, brother and friend George passed away peacefully at home over the Christmas period.
"The family would ask that their privacy be respected at this difficult and emotional time. There will be no further comment at this stage."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38432862
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
aragon
Professional
Professional

Re: George Michael dies...

Post by aragon »

An absolute shocker, but then with his well publicized drug problem, I guess not entirely unexpected. Such a waste of another truly wonderful talent :(
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......