365 Sports vs ilikeHD TV

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
Big Boy

365 Sports vs ilikeHD TV

Post by Big Boy »

At the end of the last football season I had a big falling out with 365 Sports. Basically, after being a loyal customer since they started operating, they wanted extortionate money off me to watch 3 4th rate matches. Loyalty did not come into it.

I found ilikeHD, who were offering everything I needed for a fraction of the regular 365 Sport price, and an awful lot more. I could even use it on my Android devices. I pleaded with 365 Sport to provide the 3 matches at a sensible rate, but it was their way or the highway.

I watched my 3 matches, on ilikeHD and everything was good. I dumped 365 Sport at the end of the contract and went for ilikeHD. It was fine until about 4 weeks ago, when it started buffering more than showing football.

I've been told that all sites had been suffering similarly. I'm of the opinion 365 Sport's buffering system would eliminate a lot of this buffering.

I'd like to know what watching Burnley vs Man City has been like on 365 Sport this evening. For me it was fine until first half injury time. Since then, it's been stopping every 10 seconds or so. It is completely unwatchable - we didn't even see the second City goal.

Last week we just turned the Man Utd match off.

So, how was it for you 365ers? Could you enjoy the match or was it as bad as ilikeHD?

Basically, do I go back to 365 Sport with my tail between my legs and have the service re-instated?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Re: 365 Sports vs ilikeHD TV

Post by Big Boy »

And now the rugby England vs Argentina. 4 min 34 secs played, and its frozen 15 times.

Anybody watching the rugby on 365 Sport? How is it for you guys please?

Points 41; Position 18
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

I have had issues with ilike also,l. Their support is quick and friendly and they can usually sort the freezes out for you.

If you can locate the server through 'settings' you could try to change it to see if that helps.

Sometimes it can go days without a freeze, then all of a sudden it becomes unwatchable.

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tapatalk
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Big Boy wrote:And now the rugby England vs Argentina. 4 min 34 secs played, and its frozen 15 times.

Anybody watching the rugby on 365 Sport? How is it for you guys please?
No probs with rugby or soccer this evening. Hope that continues to be the case for the Spurs game!
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thanks guys - those are both the replies I wanted to see.

Henry 14th - yes, they are fast to respond, but I'd rather not experience problems in the first place.

dtaai-maai - I was always happy with 365, in fact I seem to remember encouraging you to sign up. My mistake was playing annually. If I wanted to upgrade to watch my 3 4th rate football matches, they were insistent I upgraded for the remainder of my contract, which, of course, I didn't want to pay for something I didn't need.

The 2 services are a million miles apart. I will go back to 365 Sport to enable my son to watch Man Utd tonight. If I need a couple of extra services at any point, I can still revert to ilikeHD at just 250 Baht/month, or if I want to use it on my tablet at any stage.

Points 41; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

Have watched countless games on 365 Sport and it only buffers when our connectivity is cranky, which hasn't been too often to be fair.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Internet issues are always the first thing I check. I've asked to be re-instated - lets see if they still want my money.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Well, what can I say - welcome home 365 :D

I've watched the Grand Prix (2 interruptions, but due to very rare Internet outages - both lasting about a minute), and now I'm watching the Arse.

365 Sport is truly the Rolls Royce of Internet Sports viewing here in Thailand. It has been nice to try an alternative as it really makes me appreciate what I've been missing. I can enjoy my sport again.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I definitely made the right decision. I happily watched England systematically take the Aussies apart yesterday, while a friend of mine was sat at home suffering the frustrations of trying to watch it on ilikeHD.

Well pleased, apart from them showing some crap last night instead of the advertised Gloucestershire vs Bristol Derby.

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ Bristol vs Gloucestershire just started on Setanta TRUE 669 if you want to see a replay. Bristol has some problems this season. Setanta has been showing a lot of their matches. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, thank you. The replay is on 365 Ch32, so we can watch it any time. One of my son's ex-team mates is in the Bristol team, so he has a special interest in watching.

Bristol will always be the poor relations in the Premier League - they just don't have the money to succeed. My son used to support them week in/week out, if he wasn't playing himself.

Points 41; Position 18