R.I.P Gene Wilder

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
pharvey

R.I.P Gene Wilder

Post by pharvey »

Woke up this morning to the sad news of Gene Wilder's passing at the age of 83. A true great starring in cult classics such as Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory and The Producers to name but a few. Also a great partnership with another comedy great - Richard Prior, starring in such films as Silver Streak and Stir Crazy.

It has been reported that Gene passed due to "complications with Alzheimer's". The world id a poorer place..... R.I.P Gene.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Re: R.I.P Gene Wilder

Post by RCer »

Great actor. My favorite is Blazing Saddles.
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

^^Mine too, nothing funnier than the dry humour of The Waco Kid!
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

All the news sources earlier today were pushing "The Chocolate Factory" as his memorable and assumedly his best movie. Very nearsighted if so. So many other good movies that surpass that. RIP. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

^ Certainly enjoyed Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory as a kid, but the ones for me were Blazing Saddles, Silver Streak and Young Frankenstein (in no particular order)... :thumb:

[EDIT] I'm sure like many others, I shall be downloading/re-watching a number of his films in the coming weeks/months.

Reading the papers today, came as a surprise that he learned (or partially so) his trade at the Queen Vic in Bristol (UK).

Has certainly received some glowing tributes today, and quite rightly so :bow:

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.