Pokemon Go

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Pokemon Go

Post by Nereus »

Not sure where this should be posted, but as we do not have a nutters section, I will start it here.

Pokemon Go: have we all lost the plot?

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/ ... plot/#stop
At the time I had no idea what the hell Pokemon Go was, and, uninvited, one of the young men — who was a dead giveaway wearing his Pokemon jumper and headphones around his neck — excitedly told me about the game, which was launched in Australia on Wednesday.
I thought he had lost the plot, and perhaps had been partaking in some Freo-style herbal self-medication.

For those of you who don’t know, Pokemon Go is game that uses a phone’s GPS and camera to create an augmented reality where Pokemon appear in the “real world” around you.
The user catches Pokemon by walking around the streets, interacting with landmarks — or "Pokestops" and “gyms” — and other players. If those two sentences sound like Stephen Hawking explaining gravitational singularity theorems, you’re not alone.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/ ... spot/#stop
The game challenges players to walk around their neighbourhood collecting virtual animals, or Pokemon, hidden in parks, homes and on streets, to add to their collection.
When the Pokemon are found, the app uses GPS and mobile phone cameras to allow people to “see” the animals in front of them.

Last night one of the biggest Pokemon hotspots in Perth was Kings Park, with nearly 1000 people spending the coldest night of the year chasing the elusive creatures.
Pokemon.jpg
Pokemon.jpg (74.33 KiB) Viewed 8482 times
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Pokemon

Post by Nereus »

I suppose that this "craze" will pass by when another one starts, but for the life of me I cannot fathom out this idiotic game. Surely there are enough zombies wandering around, without adding this.
Pokemon Go sparks safety fears

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... fety-fears

The national telecom regulator is considering measures to cope with possible incidents stemming from the new mobile gaming phenomenon, Pokemon Go, due to hit Thailand in September.

The National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC)'s concerns arise from problems seen in countries where the app is already available.

"We will call a meeting with major mobile operators to seek ways to prevent those incidents from happening here, especially public safety risks," said secretary-general Takorn Tantasith.

Pokemon Go has been an unexpected smash hit as it has made its way through the US, Europe and Australia. But it has also led to incidents both major and minor, including accidents and crimes.
>............................more

In Thailand, True, through its subsidiary True Content and Media, won the rights in 2014 to exclusively sell Pokemon items and develop a localised version of Pokemon video games.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Re: Pokemon

Post by Pleng »

I quite like the concept of Augmented Reality gaming.
But this game isn't how I'd like to see it done.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Pokemon Go

Post by Nereus »

Pokemon Go launched in Thailand

http://www.bangkokpost.com/tech/local-n ... n-thailand

Nintendo Co Ltd's smash-hit augmented reality mobile game Pokemon Go has been launched in Thailand, along with 14 other countries in Asia-Pacific.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Nereus wrote:Pokemon Go launched in Thailand

http://www.bangkokpost.com/tech/local-n ... n-thailand

Nintendo Co Ltd's smash-hit augmented reality mobile game Pokemon Go has been launched in Thailand, along with 14 other countries in Asia-Pacific.
Let's all pray they don't play it while driving. :shock: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Let's all pray they don't play it while driving. :shock: Pete
Pokemon Go addict flees snarling dog

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... arling-dog

"I took out my phone in the middle of the road and opened the game app and there it was, Pikachu -- the main and rare character -- standing right in the middle of the road. I know I shouldn't have but...

Yong, a hairstylist aged in his early thirties who lives on the outskirts of Bangkok, said as it was hot yesterday and he was feeling lazy, he drove around in his car looking for Pokemon.

"One popped up on the dashboard of my car and I had to pull over to catch it. It was quite dangerous."

Full sick idiots bragging at the link........................
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ The amazing thing for me is the ages of those people mentioned in the BP report. These are "grown-ups"?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

This really belongs in the "Life in Thailand..." thread as it's a well written and appropriate observation about this country.

When Thainess Means Gotta Ban’Em All

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/opinion/2 ... tta-banem/

"Whenever disruptive innovation reaches the shores of Thailand, time and again the knee-jerk reaction is to make a huge fuss, ban it as yet another Western evil, launch an “improved” and “appropriate” Thai alternative that nobody ends up using, and finally forget about it when people move on to the next crisis du jour.".......
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
buksida

Post by buksida »

Police launch Pokemon blitz
Police are preparing to arrest motorists and pedestrians who play Pokemon Go on 10 major roads in Bangkok, allegedly to reduce accidents caused by the game.

A team of 50 officers equipped with mobile phone cameras will patrol the streets and take photos of violators, acting city police chief Sanit Mahathavorn said, referring to their new role as the "catchers of Pokemon catchers."

The operation, which is intended to limit the areas where players can catch the game's animated creatures, will target those searching for the critters especially on crowded Sukhumvit and Phaya Thai roads.

Others are Rama I, Rama IV, Henri Dunant, Sathon, Phetchaburi, Phahon Yothin, and Vibhavadi Rangsit roads as well as a street circling the Victory Monument, Pol Lt Gen Sanit said.

These areas will be made no-go zones for Pokemon hunters because officers have found the number of road accidents related to the game is increasing.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... emon-blitz
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... pokemon-go

The Tourism and Sports Ministry will use the smash-hit game Pokemon Go to promote tourism and restore tourists' confidence following multiple bombings and arson attacks in seven southern provinces late last week.

To promote tourism after the terror, the ministry will ask True Corporation to add PokeStops and Gyms to various popular and safe tourist destinations to attract travellers to catch rare Pokemon items and characters there.

Classic "left hand right hand".........
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Thailand launches 'Pokémon Buster' squad to nab trainers who 'catch and drive'

Post by hhfarang »

Thailand's capital city of Bangkok is legendary for its gridlocked traffic, but it looks like things have taken a turn for the worse since Pokémon Go launched in the country on Aug. 6.

Following numerous complaints from residents about the reckless behaviour of both motorists and pedestrians while playing the augmented reality game and an increase in road accidents, the Thai government launched a crackdown on Sunday of players who disregard traffic rules, reports The Bangkok Post.

The "Pokémon Buster" squad is made up of 50 police officers who will patrol 10 of Bangkok's busiest roads, which are now no-go zones for Pokémon hunters. ..."

http://mashable.com/2016/08/23/thai-pol ... ny.auTf8q3
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Re: Thailand launches 'Pokémon Buster' squad to nab trainers who 'catch and drive'

Post by bsdk1960 »

they should sue every damn idiots, who cause and accident, since it looks like these hunters, run around like chicken whitout heads or at least their head up in the a.s ,and we all know tit ,so just wait and see it comming

:cheers: :cheers:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Had to happen sooner or later...... :banghead:

What goes through the minds of these idiots? :roll:

First Fatality Linked to Pokemon Go in Japan as Motorist Hits Elderly Woman

"Japan has reported its first fatality linked to the hugely popular Pokemon Go game.

Police in Tokushima City, in southern Japan, on Tuesday arrested Keiji Gooh after the car he was driving allegedly struck two elderly women as he was playing the game.

One of the women, aged 72, died at the scene while the other victim, 60, was seriously injured.

Gooh, a 39-year-old farmer, admitted to police that he was playing Pokemon Go while he drove, Kyodo News reported."

Full Report: - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08 ... t-hits-el/
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Talk over Pokemon no-go zones fails in first round
The first round of negotiations between the telecom regulator and representatives of Pokemon Go developer Niantic over the removal of sensitive locations from the game's scope ended without an agreement yesterday.

The discussion lasted only 20 minutes, taking place at the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) headquarters.

However, representatives from international law firm Baker & McKenzie (Thailand), whom US-based Niantic assigned to negotiate with the NBTC, said they will pass on all of the discussion details to Niantic for it to make a decision.

Korkij Danchaivichit, the NBTC deputy secretary-general, said the regulator provided details involving its request to set up four "no-go zones" for players in Thailand to keep them out of restricted or dangerous areas.

The four areas encompass state property, temples, private land and dangerous areas such as roads, waterways and railways.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/new ... irst-round
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Neil_Hines
Novice
Novice

Post by Neil_Hines »

I play Pokemon Go game its really nice Andriod game but only I have an issue about Pokemon GO it is can't play without the internet.