What Are You Watching on Thai Netflix?

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

What Are You Watching on Thai Netflix?

Post by Ratsima »

I'm new to Netflix and am finding it less-than-easy to locate stuff worth watching. I'm interested in what other folks have found.

Unfortunately, the various online Netflix search sites, like Flixed, don't seem to work very well with the Thai incarnation of Netflix.

TV shows I'm enjoying at the moment are:
  • Jessica Jones
    The Bletchley Circle
    Master of None
Movies I've found that I plan to watch include:
  • Super 8
    Pulp Fiction
    LA Confidential
    The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: What Are You Watching on Thai Netflix?

Post by kendo »

I really enjoyed Breaking Bad and Dexter.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Soondae

Post by Soondae »

I use the USA Netflix from here in Thailand on my Apple TV. In order to use a region other than Thai you need to use a DNS redirection service, basically they route your IP address to appear in the region you set it up for. I also use HULU, ESPN Watch and many others made available with this service. Cost for the service I use is $50 a year and includes a VPN connection for when needed (I have a banking service that requires it).

These DNS services will also let you watch Netflix for many other regions, You configure your account online at their service for which region you want and can change anytime.
Soondae

Post by Soondae »

USA Netflix access via DNS redirects are now officially shut down by Netflix. Most of the DNS redirect companies aren't even advertising that they can support access to Netflix any longer and their customer service won't even discuss the subject. I guess it is time to cancel the Netflix account.

It may still be accessible via a good VPN, but my VPN doesn't provide sufficient bandwidth. And use of a VPN for access would have to be implemented in the router which would mean that all your internet traffic would be routed through the VPN as VPN is not supported by most streaming boxes and smart TV's.

Does anyone know of a good VPN service that provides sufficient bandwidth and is currently still working with Netflix?
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I don't know about service providers, but most streaming boxes I've seen offered are running Android and therefore do support VPN
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Are Thai Netflix different to UK Netflix?

I have just finished Better Call Saul (connected to Breaking Bad)

Line of duty
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Siani wrote:Are Thai Netflix different to UK Netflix?

Line of duty
Different regions have different listings/shows/movies Siani - always a pain for me when I'm working overseas and have to go through a UK VPN to continue watching a series for example.

Have not looked at "Better Call Saul", for some reason just didn't appeal to me although I loved "Breaking Bad" - how did find it? Good/Bad/Indifferent?

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

pharvey wrote:
Siani wrote:Are Thai Netflix different to UK Netflix?

Line of duty
Different regions have different listings/shows/movies Siani - always a pain for me when I'm working overseas and have to go through a UK VPN to continue watching a series for example.

Have not looked at "Better Call Saul", for some reason just didn't appeal to me although I loved "Breaking Bad" - how did find it? Good/Bad/Indifferent?

:cheers: :cheers:
It's good...you have Mike in it from Breaking Bad, who is great. There have been 2 series, so if watching it try to get the 1st one before you watch the second. It's about Jimmy (Saul) who is a lawyer (from Breaking Bad). The second has just finished last night (UK) and was enjoyable. Can't wait for the next series. :)
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

Grace and Frankie - Hilarious series with Lily Tomlin, Jane Finda, Sam Waterston and Martin Sheen. Perhaps not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm enjoying it.
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

Stranger Things - Science Fiction/Horror starring four kids and paying homage to SF of the past. From the official blurb:

"This thrilling Netflix-original drama stars award-winning actress Winona Ryder as Joyce Byers, who lives in a small Indiana town in 1983 -- inspired by a time when tales of science fiction captivated audiences. When Joyce's 12-year-old son, Will, goes missing, she launches a terrifying investigation…"