Best "free" film/TV streaming sites?

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
pharvey

Re: ThaiExpatTV,ExPatPremiumTV & 365Sport Problems

Post by pharvey »

Big Boy wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 3:31 pm Thanks guys, but that one doesn't help.
What do you really need BB? Many of the guys I work with travel extensively as I do, and as such use numerous sites for various channels - I can get some advice if you give specifics.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

pharvey wrote:
Big Boy wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 3:31 pm Thanks guys, but that one doesn't help.
What do you really need BB? Many of the guys I work with travel extensively as I do, and as such use numerous sites for various channels - I can get some advice if you give specifics.

:cheers: :cheers:
Maybe I have the same requirements as BB, at least in terms of the non-sport channels. What was so appealing with ThaiExpatTV was the ability to watch programmes on demand (up to a week of do after being broadcast). If the alternative is only to be able to watch a programme when it's being broadcast, would rule out about 80% of the programmes for me due to the time difference. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:oops: I like to watch, Eastenders, Coronation Street, Casualty and Holby City as regulars :oops:

Then anything else that I can fit in around them. There are always good series coming along.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
musungu
Professional
Professional

Re: Best "free" film/TV streaming sites?

Post by musungu »

I suggest you look at the IPTV options which have all and more than Expat and 365 had and less than Bht1,000 per month. Their servers are outside Thailand ( where yours truly were operating from) so No Thai Govt problems.
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

AS a stop gap for BB and Dannie Boy to get their Corro/ITV fix until they find a company that wants to charge them for it, register at the ITV hub provided you disable any adblocker and use a VPN, you can watch for free or download the STV app and watch on there. No buffering and programmes available on catchup, maybe 28 days ? I can't remember.

Same goes for BBC using the iplayer but looks like that will end soon according to the media.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
l112a6

Post by l112a6 »

Big Boy wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 2:03 pm Thanks Pete, it's not what I want. I'm fast coming to the conclusion that our TVs can go to the recycle man. They're no longer of any use to me :cry: . I don't mind paying, but money can't buy what I want.
TV's still good for movies and the PS4 BB, T.I.T as they say, a new fiddler is just around the corner to answer every bodies needs...
kirkyboy

Post by kirkyboy »

I got Express VPN, cost me $139.00 for 1 year, logged into my Foxtel account in Australia and then...... magic!!!! Now watching all AFL football LIVE!! Downloaded Melbourne TV app and watching news etc.
Fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Not "free" then is it as the topic specifically requests free streaming sites!!!
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Coronation Street is available on ITV Choice, which is carried by the local Hua Hin cable TV company.

Football is by no means comprehensive, but I usually get to see at least one EPL game a week, and often an EFL game as well. These are on the Burmese Skynet sports channels, which also show other European live football.

Unfortunately there's no EPG so program times have to be researched elsewhere. But for 2,500 baht a year I can put up with that.

HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

It's a while since I watched Corrie or Enders on local cable but it used to be around 2 years old!
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

HHTel wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 6:50 pm It's a while since I watched Corrie or Enders on local cable but it used to be around 2 years old!
STV app and ITV hub are current Terry.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RE: Re: Best "free" film/TV streaming sites?

Post by hhinner »

HHTel wrote:It's a while since I watched Corrie or Enders on local cable but it used to be around 2 years old!
Website itv-choice.com says 2 days. "From the 18th May 2015, the residents of Coronation Street are moving to a new time slot on ITV Choice.  For the first time, ITV Choice will catch up with Coronation Street within two days of the UK transmission". I don't watch it so don't know if it's still current.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Here's another one that I came across this morning. I know nothing about them. Also below is their legal information. Pete :cheers:

http://www.tvboxx.com/

"Q. Is tvboxx.com legal?
Yes tvboxx.com is paying for a transmission licence for each user per month for as long as the user is an active subscriber. The tvboxx.com service is limited to non-domestic channels only. This means that you may not watch domestic channels when being in the country of their origin. The tvboxx.com streaming service is furthermore limited to be used in private homes only. Subscribers may not share the streaming in public or share their account with other users.

In some countries a regional TV licence for private homes may have to be paid to local governments. If you happen to be based in such country, we will notify you of such extraordinary license.
Certain countries maintain a censorship on specific material, and therefore usages in public areas of contend that can be found offensive and should be avoided. Areas like Middle East, Asia and US have some limitations on what content are allowed to be watched in public areas like: restaurants and public transportation and other areas where content that can be found offensive to other persons.
In some countries a local copyright to specific events can be limited and will - if requested - be removed under the duration of this unique events."
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Can we get back to "free"?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

RCer wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 1:02 pm Can we get back to "free"?
No, sorry. Management has designated this thread for suggestions to replace ExpatTV and 365 Sport which were pay services. This thread now has a dual purpose apparently. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source