Best "free" film/TV streaming sites?

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
aragon
Professional
Professional

Re: Best "free" film/TV streaming sites?

Post by aragon »

HHTel wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 6:50 pm It's a while since I watched Corrie or Enders on local cable but it used to be around 2 years old!
2 years, 2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days......is there really any difference, it's the same old same old just regurgitated from time to time :naughty: :naughty:
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Then management should change the name to "pay TV" or start a thread of appropriate title.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RE: Re: Best "free" film/TV streaming sites?

Post by hhinner »

prcscct wrote:Here's another one that I came across this morning. I know nothing about them. Also below is their legal information. Pete :cheers:

http://www.tvboxx.com/

"Q. Is tvboxx.com legal?
Yes tvboxx.com is paying for a transmission licence for each user per month for as long as the user is an active subscriber. The tvboxx.com service is limited to non-domestic channels only. This means that you may not watch domestic channels when being in the country of their origin. The tvboxx.com streaming service is furthermore limited to be used in private homes only. Subscribers may not share the streaming in public or share their account with other users.

In some countries a regional TV licence for private homes may have to be paid to local governments. If you happen to be based in such country, we will notify you of such extraordinary license.
Certain countries maintain a censorship on specific material, and therefore usages in public areas of contend that can be found offensive and should be avoided. Areas like Middle East, Asia and US have some limitations on what content are allowed to be watched in public areas like: restaurants and public transportation and other areas where content that can be found offensive to other persons.
In some countries a local copyright to specific events can be limited and will - if requested - be removed under the duration of this unique events."
Hmm. Tvboxx is registered in Gibraltar, but customer agreements are governed by the laws of Bulgaria. Three questions:
1. To whom do tvboxx pay fees for the "transmission licence" for each user?
2. Which country was the one where the EPL-initiated illegal streaming raids took place? (Hint: Begins with "B").
3. Is it still legal since the recent European Court ruling on streaming?

bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

opera is providing a build in VPN which is free ,haven't tried it, since I use Purevpn which I pay for, but give it a go, and let us know, how its works
:cheers: :cheers:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: ThaiExpatTV,ExPatPremiumTV & 365Sport Problems

Post by HHTel »

Big Boy wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 3:50 pm :oops: I like to watch, Eastenders, Coronation Street, Casualty and Holby City as regulars :oops:

Then anything else that I can fit in around them. There are always good series coming along.
I'm also sad enough to watch Corrie and Eastenders. I've just spent the last 2 days catching up on them both. They are uploaded on 'Daily Motion'. The picture quality sometimes is not too good but in the main it's okay. Episodes are uploaded within a couple of hours of the live broadcast. The only other soap on there is HollyRocks which I can't be bothered with.

Link: https://www.dailymotion.com/tvsoap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Looks good - I'm living off a lot of downloads/Kodi at the moment, so I'm getting my fix. I've bookmarked the site for when that fails, thank you.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Anyone had experience with tvmucho.com?
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Big Boy wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 1:17 pm My needs are simple. I want BBC1, ITV and a decent news channel (if such a beast exists). Football would be a bonus, but I can survive on Hua Hin City.

My plan A was that I'd download my requirements via Torrent. That plan is looking doubtful as no UK TV that I watch has been uploaded since 17 May. Also some Torrent sites also closed on that day. It looks as though that plan is dead.

My plan B was to stream direct from the UK using Kodi. That solution works, but doesn't meet my simple needs.

I was looking on Facebook today, and some clever Dick was saying that his Platinum Package on True was good for 2,200 Baht/month. Somebody with similar needs to mine asked if it did ITV and BBC. Being a clever Dick he said yes. My brain started turning over, I was paying 1,000/month for Expat and 365. My wife's basic True package was costing 598/month. Was I really putting myself through all of this grief for less than 150 Baht/week. I might be a tight git, but this was stupid.

I went on to the True site, and there were some great introductory offers - it would work out cheaper initially. However, no sign of BBC nor ITV :cry: Can somebody please tell me if the guy was being a clever Dick, enjoying people's discomfort, or was he telling the truth, and the packages actually exist.

One other question, can I watch True Platinum on demand, or do I have to buy an expensive piece of kit?

try this one BB its looks good but I have not watching for hours.

https://www.firstonetv.eu/Index

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

bsdk1960 wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 8:27 pm
Big Boy wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 1:17 pm My needs are simple. I want BBC1, ITV and a decent news channel (if such a beast exists). Football would be a bonus, but I can survive on Hua Hin City.

My plan A was that I'd download my requirements via Torrent. That plan is looking doubtful as no UK TV that I watch has been uploaded since 17 May. Also some Torrent sites also closed on that day. It looks as though that plan is dead.

My plan B was to stream direct from the UK using Kodi. That solution works, but doesn't meet my simple needs.

I was looking on Facebook today, and some clever Dick was saying that his Platinum Package on True was good for 2,200 Baht/month. Somebody with similar needs to mine asked if it did ITV and BBC. Being a clever Dick he said yes. My brain started turning over, I was paying 1,000/month for Expat and 365. My wife's basic True package was costing 598/month. Was I really putting myself through all of this grief for less than 150 Baht/week. I might be a tight git, but this was stupid.

I went on to the True site, and there were some great introductory offers - it would work out cheaper initially. However, no sign of BBC nor ITV :cry: Can somebody please tell me if the guy was being a clever Dick, enjoying people's discomfort, or was he telling the truth, and the packages actually exist.

One other question, can I watch True Platinum on demand, or do I have to buy an expensive piece of kit?

I just watched an hour long episode of Robin Hood on ITV Encore and it played perfectly, so will give the FA Cup Final a try later tonight :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

iLikeHD is being regurgitated as HDPrimetv, and is being re-launched on 1st June.

http://www.hdprimetv.tv/
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm
bsdk1960 wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 8:27 pm

I just watched an hour long episode of Robin Hood on ITV Encore and it played perfectly, so will give the FA Cup Final a try later tonight :cheers:
please let us know how it was ,good or bad connection ?

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Perfect, no freezing of the picture at all, only problem is that it is live only so if in Thailand the 6/7 hours time difference rules out many of the programmes I would like to watch
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Thanks for the link bsdk. I've found no problem with it apart from being a live stream. It's well worth registering which is free and very easy. Username, email and password and an activation link sent to your email. The advantages are thus:
The 'hidden channels' are uncovered, mostly sport channels.
Lots more channels, 81 in number.
A promise of replay/catch up "coming soon"

Looking good.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Oops! I got that a bit wrong. There are no extra channels by registering just that the 'hidden' ones become 'unhidden'.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

I guess that the following is behind most of this:

Line, YouTube face corporate taxes

OTT providers pushed to set up local offices

The broadcasting regulator plans to force foreign over-the-top (OTT) platform providers to register and establish offices in Thailand, which will make them subject to paying corporate income tax.

The measure by the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) is intended to create a level playing field in the industry. While the TV advertising and pay TV industries have long faced tax burdens, OTT platform providers have never paid fees to the state.

"The established local office must be a legal entity," said Col Natee Sukonrat, chairman of the NBTC's broadcasting committee. "It also must have executives who are authorised by their parent firms to issue orders or clarify confusion in any cases initiated by local authorities."

But the regulator has yet to put forward a plan to set a licensing regime for OTT platform providers as it seeks to minimise the impact on providers and not interfere with the creative content business model, Col Natee said Thursday during a meeting with terrestrial digital TV operators on the regulatory framework for OTT services in the country.

Editorial: Make the rules fair
The session was the last one the NBTC had planned after hosting forums with several targeted groups over the past several months.

Kemmatat Paladesh, the president of the Radio and Television Broadcasting Professional Federation, submitted a letter to Col Natee proposing several requirements to be considered by the NBTC.

According to the letter, foreign OTT platform providers must fall under the NBTC's control lists or be registered. They also have to establish operational offices in the country.

Those OTT providers who operate in the country must also abide by Thai laws, the letter continued. The terrestrial digital TV operators who already hold licences from the NBTC do not need to combine their OTT revenue with their existing broadcasting service revenue.

The content produced by digital TV operators should be able to be broadcast over the OTT system without being reapproved by NBTC, the letter said.

"I personally agree with all four requirements, as it is reasonable and will lead to fair competition with proper measures to regulate the OTT business in the country," Col Natee said, adding that the NBTC will not create an additional burden for digital TV operators when it comes to the regulatory development of OTT businesses.

Previously, he had said the NBTC would set regulatory conditions for OTT businesses under an "after the fact" concept or complaint-based regulation in order to guarantee the smallest possible impact.

The complaint-based condition means the NBTC will only investigate or intervene with OTT operations when it gets complaints from related parties or consumers.

OTT business was clearly categorised by the NBTC last month as a TV broadcasting service that does not use frequencies, similar to cable TV and satellite TV services.

Streaming video via OTT platforms only differs from existing cable or satellite TV in the sense that users on OTT can post their content directly to viewers.

"I don't want to create a new regulation exclusively for OTT businesses, because it would need a long process for approval," Col Natee said.

Mr Kemmatat said the proposal to the NBTC is in line with concerns over the effects that OTT is having on the terrestrial digital TV business.
"We will be fine once the NBTC confirms that it will not call for a regulatory fee on OTT revenue," he said. "But for the sake of security, it needs to properly consider the content."

Line Thailand declined to provide any comment, saying it would be better to wait for the official policy position from the government.

Google Thailand and Facebook Singapore were also unable to comment.

An executive from a digital advertising firm who asked not to be named said that foreign OTT companies with a branch or representative office in the country still cannot issue receipts to their customers.

"This is a borderless world where payment transactions can be done abroad," the executive said. "For customers who buy advertising from Facebook, the payment can be settled in Singapore or Ireland."

The practice is similar to that of Google, whose revenue transactions for advertising business in Thailand are settled in Singapore.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!