ILIKE HD TV a.k.a. HDPrime

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
PET
Legend
Legend

ILIKE HD TV a.k.a. HDPrime

Post by PET »

Does anybody know about this http://knd1.ilikehd.com/kaneda/web/free/

It seems to have all that ThaiExpat and also 365Sport has to offer and comes at a price of about Bht500 per month. The total channels are about 300 and include all BBC, all ITV. Most Sky. BT Fox sports. Golf etc etc

It seems to be a great buy at a price saving of at least bht800 annually compared to Expat and 365

I have found it impossible to contact them ( I hear they are Bangkok based)
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Torrents - ILIKE HD TV

Post by dtaai-maai »

PET wrote: I have found it impossible to contact them
Not a good start.
And I have to say I'm always wary of an organisation that requires you to register on line before you can see anything on their website.
This is the way
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Re: Torrents

Post by jingjoe »

I have used them,cheaper than expat tv,and you can pay for what you want,for example a 3hour football game is 50bht,or you can buy a monthly package.
I used it mostly for sport,
I find now I use expat tv 99% of the time because I think the quality is better and the 10 day catch up is fantastic,also expat tv give you a tv guide.
ilikehd tv you have to search for what you want,but if its sport,golf premier league its a good add on
PET
Legend
Legend

Re: Torrents

Post by PET »

Sorry - The savings would be about Bht10,000 annually compared to having Expat Tv and the improved 365sport.

I have since signed on for the Free channels and they can be contacted at contact@ilikehd.com and I have asked about monthly costs and annual costs if taking on all channels.

Jingjoe 's comment about quality, 10day catchup ( do not know if ilikehd has this at all ) - i have to decide quickly because my annual sub with ThaiExpat is up next week!
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: ILIKE HD TV

Post by Pagey »

I've used it since the start of the footy season. For live footy it's certainly the best option price wise at 250 Baht per month. All CTH and Sky sports channels and I think BT Sport, Bein Sport etc. There are around 100 channels but I've only watched footy so not even looked at the others. Great picture, no buffering or streaming, I have True 30 mbps.
No subscription required, you can pay for one month then stop. Pay by buying True money at 7/11 the same as topping up your mobile or by bank/Paypal etc
I had trouble finding some channels and their help desk responding in minutes by email several times even on a Saturday night.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I use them, though I considered stopping when they unbundled the standard UK channels from the premium uk channels, meaning I have to buy two packages a month now, costing me around 500bt.

Some channels come and go, and some get 'frozen' from time to time. If you email them then they normally sort it out pretty quickly - certainly far better service than I received from 365 Sport.

The Android software generally runs OK on my TV box but it is a little crash-happy.

There's no catch-up TV which is a shame; but with the amount of channels they have I guess it would be quite impractical.

Cannot be accessed from outside Thailand without a VPN connection (funny... VPNing *IN* to Thailand to watch TV :D)
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

The fact that they have no catch up makes my mind up because that is probably the most important thing with my viewing. I do not wish to start watching a 2 hour sports game after 10pm but enjoy early am before getting the news - but that is just me.

Otherwise it has excellent programs and is great value.

Thanks everybody for your imput.
Geko
Professional
Professional

IlikeHDtv

Post by Geko »

Any good reports on using a set top box for ILikeHDtv

Have used on for Expat TV and find it great.
Big Boy

Re: IlikeHDtv

Post by Big Boy »

Are you really sure you want ilikeHD? I tried it for a few months, and it drove me crazy to the point I couldn't use it any longer.

Basically, have you tried it through a laptop etc? If not, and you're used to the quality of Expat TV, you might be disappointed.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Geko wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 8:10 pm Any good reports on using a set top box for ILikeHDtv

Yes, I've been using it for two years for EPL with very minimal problems, certainly nothing like the ones BB has quoted in the past. Tip is to change the ISP in the settings to Europe or better still, Test, then all buffering disappears. :thumb:

Man in pub circa 1987.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm not saying ilikeHD doesn't work. I think it's the same as Internet. What works in my Soi, might not work in your Soi. All that I'm saying, is test it, before going to the trouble/expense of installing it to an Android box.

I did have some success with ilikeHD (it never let me down when watching Plymouth play, but I guess I was the only one using it), but for live sport, it generally sucked for me - I know others who love it.

Just check it out first.

Points 41; Position 18
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Geko wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 8:10 pm Any good reports on using a set top box for ILikeHDtv

Do you still have the ExpatTV one? You should be able to just go ahead and install iLikeHD on it.
Geko
Professional
Professional

Post by Geko »

Hi Pleng

Yes I have the Expat TV box and loaded the IlikeHDtv software onto it but the slow buffering made the picture unwatchable, I did contact IlikeHDtv and they suggested buying their box as it had been specially developed for use with there software.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:laugh:

Points 41; Position 18
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Geko wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 4:30 pm Hi Pleng

Yes I have the Expat TV box and loaded the IlikeHDtv software onto it but the slow buffering made the picture unwatchable, I did contact IlikeHDtv and they suggested buying their box as it had been specially developed for use with there software.
What brand of box is it Geko ? Expat tv current box is a Minix so Ilikehd will work on that no problem unless maybe yours is an older model ?

The Minix is nothing to do with Expat tv, it's available to buy anywhere but Expat tv add a couple of 1,000 to the price.

Try changing the ISP if you haven't already. Open account (the head & shoulders logo), open settings and change the ISP to Europe or Test. Since changing it to test I've watched EPL almost seamlessly. :cheers:

Man in pub circa 1987.