ILIKE HD TV a.k.a. HDPrime

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Re: IlikeHDtv

Post by Pleng »

I previously used it on a Minix and it was no better or worse than any other I've used since. I also get fairly constant drop-outs and buffering.
Geko
Professional
Professional

Re: IlikeHDtv

Post by Geko »

Thank's all for the info, I have tried using iLikeHDtv on my Minix box using the ISP set to 'Europe' and 'Test' and now buffering does seem to be a lot faster to the point were programs are viewable, I'll use it for a while longer before I finally getting rid of "True TV Satellite".

Not sure why using the ILikeHDtv on the Minix box you cannot see a schedule of view on demand as you can on your PC, but must be some technical issues with that side of things, although Expat TV seems to have over come them.
Geko
Professional
Professional

Re: ILIKE HD TV

Post by Geko »

R.I.P. iLikeHDtv

I just logged onto iLikeHDtv site and this message comes up, good news is transfer account works ok, and new provider seems better (for now).

IMPORTANT NEWS! iLikeHD is closing in a few days!
We are sad to announce that on 1st June 2017, iLikeHD will no longer be running. But our service will live on!
Due to the difficulties of catering to both Thai and Expat customer bases, we decided some time ago to split our site into 2 services. The Thai customers should go to u-play.tv, a new service which we helped develop, while expat customers should use hdprime.tv, which is the evolution of iLikeHD with more focus on foreign content.
In order to keep your account details, packages and points, we ask that you transfer your account to either of these sites, using the links below:
Transfer to u-play (For Thai users) Transfer to HDPrime (For Expat users)
Buying points and packages on iLikeHD will be disabled on Monday 29/05. Please use either of the websites to continue watching!
We would like to thank you for helping make iLikeHD what it is today, and we hope to see you on u-play or HDPrime soon! If you have any questions, please contact us: contact@ilikehd.com
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, I've got everything set up to start with them tomorrow (laptop, android box and tablet). I see it'll cost me an extra 130 Baht/month because they are including loads of channels in languages I don't understand.

However, with no Expat TV, I'm willing to give them a try.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Geko
Professional
Professional

Post by Geko »

HDPrime already running into trouble, their website home page today shows the following message:

"Warning! We are experiencing network issues in Europe, UK and other European channels may be unstable until this situation is resolved."
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm using it, and IMHO it offers fantastic value for money. Expat and 365 Sport would have cost me 6 times more for what I'm getting (which is actually a hell of a lot more than I could even dream of having).

Points 41; Position 18
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

I migrated from iLikeHDtv to tue new service at the weekend.

Business as usual, it's a great service for an annual cost of one month on True Platinum.

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tapatalk

barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:00 pm I'm using it, and IMHO it offers fantastic value for money. Expat and 365 Sport would have cost me 6 times more for what I'm getting (which is actually a hell of a lot more than I could even dream of having).
But does it have catch-up?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, but only 3 days. Not on all channels, but the important ones.

Points 41; Position 18
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:10 pm Yes, but only 3 days. Not on all channels, but the important ones.
I have been away and seem to have missed this.

Can you say from the beginning how to download this system, the costs etc can it just be on my computer as I wish to avoid another box. Is is basically the same as EXpat but with servers outside Thailand.
Any info for a dumb IT bloke appreciated
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
Big Boy

Re: ILIKE HD TV a.k.a. HDPrime

Post by Big Boy »

www.hdprime.tv and register.

It gives you loads of channels (all the regular channels + all sport + movies etc). Cost is 380 Baht/month, which you can pay at 7-11 by buying True Money (similar to topping up telephone).

For that, I can operate the system on any of the following:

- Laptop (gives best service) and has catchup TV

- Old Expat TV Android Box - some buffering, and unable to access catchup TV (could just be me being thick)

- Tablet - program loaded, but haven't tried it (I've told it's the same as using Android Box.

Having said the above, as Geko advised, the service is experiencing server problems at the moment, so I expect it to get better. The best service comes from their Euro servers.

Very user friendly to use.

Points 41; Position 18
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

All sounds good, so I completed registration and then tried to SIGN IN and nothing happened except some java program seemed to be trying to connect?
I went to another computer and used a different names etc to register and the same thing - it will not log in to whatever - any ideas? I do see that Firefox does not (accept) Java since a March 2017 update. Noidea what this all means?
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Hi, BB,
I was an Expat TV user. Just registered with I like HD successfully. However, when attempting to buy a package, I'm told... 'Not enough points'. How do I buy points?
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Re: RE: Re: ILIKE HD TV a.k.a. HDPrime

Post by Henry 14th »

HHTel wrote:Hi, BB,
I was an Expat TV user. Just registered with I like HD successfully. However, when attempting to buy a package, I'm told... 'Not enough points'. How do I buy points?
You have to top up your credit/points. This can be done at any 7-11 or bank transfer.

Details should be on their website somewhere.

migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: RE: Re: ILIKE HD TV a.k.a. HDPrime

Post by migrant »

Henry 14th wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:18 pm
HHTel wrote:Hi, BB,
You have to top up your credit/points. This can be done at any 7-11 or bank transfer.

Details should be on their website somewhere.

Once you log in there is a "person" figure in the upper right hand corner, this brings you to the details. I tried to pay by credit card but got a message credit card payments were having trouble at this time
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.