Goodbye Mr Spock......

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
pharvey

Goodbye Mr Spock......

Post by pharvey »

A sad day for us "Trekkies"....... :cry: - R.I.P. Leonard.

Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek's Mr Spock, dies at 83

"US actor Leonard Nimoy, who played Mr Spock in the cult sci-fi series Star Trek, has died at the age of 83 in Los Angeles, his family has said. His son, Adam, said he died of end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease on Friday morning.

Nimoy had a long career as both an actor and director. However he was best known for his portrayal of the half-human, half-Vulcan character in both the TV franchise and series of films.
Last year, the actor revealed he was suffering from chronic lung disease, despite stopping smoking more than 20 years ago.

It was reported earlier this week he had been taken to hospital on 19 February after suffering from chest pains.He later tweeted: "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory."

He signed off with "LLAP" - a reference to his character's famous catchphrase, "Live long and prosper". It was to be his final tweet."

Full story & video": - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31662024
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
jimmy40
Professional
Professional

Re: Goodbye Mr Spock......

Post by jimmy40 »

That just fu%$#d my day up :(
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

"May I say that I've not thoroughly enjoyed serving with humans? I find their illogic and foolish emotions a constant irritant." Spock, 1968.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I doubt he'd get away with a line like that these days - Vulcans surely don't get irritated!
This is the way