Movie Challenge

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Movie Challenge

Post by GLCQuantum »

I'll start off with some easy ones. As soon as all five questions are answered, feel free to post your own. I would like to ban Sandman from entering, as he seems to have an unfair advantage on all things movie related, but seeing as he's such a good chap...

1) In which movie did they need to find blocks of earth, air, fire and water to save the planet?

2) Many famous actors have donned the Batman cape. Who will be wearing it next?

3) This movie was based on a paranoid schizophrenic's life who won the Nobel Prize.

4) Against all odds, a little girl becomes the leader of a New Zealand tribe. Name the movie.

5) Which movie, had a video tape that killed anyone who watched it?

:D
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Movie Challenge

Post by Homer »

1) The Fifth Element

2) Ben Afflect, AKA Batflect :cuss:

3) A Beautiful Mind

4) :laugh: Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome :laugh:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

4) Wale Rider?

5) The Ring?

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Homer wrote:1) The Fifth Element

2) Ben Afflect, AKA Batflect :cuss:

3) A Beautiful Mind

Right on the money, I said I'd start easy...

4) :laugh: Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome :laugh:
Unfortunately, you are wrong with number 4. :D
pharvey wrote:4) Wale Rider?

5) The Ring?

:cheers: :cheers:
Correct :D . I'll think of some more difficult ones, if no one gets there first. I hope people try to limit the obscure 60s movie to a minimum... not fair, I'm afraid. :wink:
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

As a teacher of ten years, I'll give some children's movies a whirl. Advantage here for anyone with kids :D .

1) In this movie, a magic flower's power's keep an old lady young until the king and queen need it themselves. A spin on a popular tale.

2) With his many workers, this guy wants to steal the moon. What's the movie?

3) When a rogue steals a magic potion and joins the enemy, the remaining fairies need to stop her.

4) A little boy doesn't believe in Santa Clause until he's whisked away to the North Pole to see him for himself. Santa gives him the first gift of Christmas.

5) Which recent animation, loosely adapted from an old story, won many awards for it's main song?
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Sorry, scrap that last list of five. I just realized... For people who have young children, it's an easy one. For people who don't - it's an impossible one. My mistake.

The new five.

1) Which actor played alongside John Travolta in a movie involving swapping faces?

2) Who is being talked about for an Oscar nomination for a role that you don't see his face?

3) This movie had a young boy who could see the dead? Name the movie.

4) Plants make people commit suicide in this movie. Name it?

5) A man and his wife both experience mid-life crises' at the same time. Their daughter suffers because of it. A very well known, popular movie.

:cheers:
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

>1) Which actor played alongside John Travolta in a movie involving swapping faces?
Nicholas Cage

>3) This movie had a young boy who could see the dead? Name the movie.
Sixth Sense

>4) Plants make people commit suicide in this movie. Name it?
arrrrrgh ... I've seen it but can't remember.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Homer wrote:>1) Which actor played alongside John Travolta in a movie involving swapping faces?
Nicholas Cage

>3) This movie had a young boy who could see the dead? Name the movie.
Sixth Sense

>4) Plants make people commit suicide in this movie. Name it?
arrrrrgh ... I've seen it but can't remember.
1 and 3 correct Homer. :D
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

I don't think I'm the right person to start off this thread nicely, so I'll give the answers and hope someone else gives 5 questions (maybe sandy, or the current two members taking interest). I can't join in on the popular History Challenge or the Car Challenge so thought this would be another nice addition to the 'quiz' type of threads. Would be a shame if it didn't fly...

Number two is... Andy Serkis. He again plays Ceaser in the 'Dawn of the Apes'. He also played Gollum in the LOTR.

Number 4: the movie which plants make people commit suicide is - 'The Happening'

Number 5: Purposely made difficult and could be a few movies, (was hoping for someone to ask for a clue) - American Beauty

Be nice if someone does a better job than I did at starting this off.

richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Sound a great idea for a thread but more than one at a time is a tad too much for me. Got me thinking though so watch this space.
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

An easy starter

What movies subtle twist at the end is based on a finger?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

It's not that Quentin Tarantino one, is it. Four rooms or something like that where in the last room the bellhop cuts off the finger and takes the cash?

richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Nope
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Post by pdm3547 »

richard wrote:An easy starter

What movies subtle twist at the end is based on a finger?
Sixth Sense. The wedding ring rolls off Bruce Willis's finger when he realises.... well, you know :wink:
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Nope. It's a movie shot in the southern hemisphere
RICHARD OF LOXLEY