The International One Minute Film Festival

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

The International One Minute Film Festival

Post by Homer »

The first minute of a horror film that deserves to be made:

Two years ago someone encouraged then collected 1 minute movies into a you tube channel. Except for the above, they're all fully contained stories.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkkTPL ... -r0M881LTA
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Re: The International One Minute Film Festival

Post by Vital Spark »

Thanks for that link, Homer. I've since gone on to watch a lot more, and there's a great one with a young girl getting her lollipop nicked (I'll say no more). I teach a creative writing course, and these short films will be perfect for getting the students to write a narrative of the film.

Thanks again :cheers:
VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ VS.....why not start a thread on here to see who can write something good? Limit the word count and subject matter as you wish. It could even be a good idea to give the same assignment and completion time on here that you give to your students. :D

Perhaps no one will bite...but we could get to read some good stories. Old people and beach sun worshipers with IPads and time on their hands and all that.... :laugh: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Post by pdm3547 »

There's a whole bunch of them here:

http://thoughtcatalog.com/michael-koh/2 ... e-stories/

I love scary two sentence stories.

"The last man on earth sat alone in a darkened room. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door."