Eurovision song contest

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
pharvey

Re: Eurovision song contest

Post by pharvey »

Oh dear God it comes around again......

I've just seen the UK's "effort"/entry........ nil point!!

I might actually just watch for a bit of humour this year - I'm away working in the sticks, but do have Internet....

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Don't care about this farce but I'm happy to say that our common European contest for Australia is finally over. As Leonard Cohen sang: First we'll take Manhattan and then we'll take Australia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_ ... ntest_2015
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

I never watch the song bit, but usually in a rant over the points awarding bit. My forecast is Greece and Cyprus awarding each other 12 points, the Baltic states favouring one another and Russia threatening near neighbours who don`t vote for them.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Well, at least it's a bit different from the usual fare...

Of course, it's been decades since the quality of the song had any relevance whatsoever. It's more like an international political popularity contest.
This is the way
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

The Telegraph...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvan ... t-win.html
Pop duo Electro Velvet will represent Britain at this year's Eurovision Song Contest, once again demonstrating the BBC's commitment to never again hosting Eurovision

Surveying all the incredible musical talent in this nation, an anonymous BBC committee have decided that our representatives at Europe’s premiere televisual musical contest should be a trumped up cabaret duo featuring the frontman for a Rolling Stones tribute act and a girl who failed the blind audition for the last series of the Voice performing an ersatz music hall jazz trifle written to order by a veteran professional jingle writer behind the theme tune for Jim’ll Fix It.

[...]

The genre is described by the BBC as electro swing, which apparently means swing recreated with cheap digital instrumentation instead of a big band.

[...]

It is not a make or break career move for Electro Velvet because the group doesn’t actually exist, having been put together especially for the competition, with a couple of desperate vocalists for hire.

Alex Larke is a 35-year-old primary school music teacher with a sideline as a Mick Jagger impersonater in The Rollin’ Clones and Bianca Nicholas is a struggling 26 year old reject from The Voice whose debut single notched up 8000 views on Youtube.

I am sure they will have some fun in the Eurovision spotlight but they would be well advised not to give up their day jobs. Frankly, teaching kids the recorder is a musical act of greater value than this record.
This is the way
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

And the bookies' favourite from Sweden...

...wo-ou-oh-ou-ohh... <yawn> :laugh:
This is the way
rampart
Novice
Novice

Post by rampart »

Last Eurovision I watched was when Lordi won :D